Bug World does not render in 0.1616

Reaction score
    The world is not fully rendering in version 0.1616.
    The walls are still there and I can't walk through them even though they are invisible.
    I can still enter invisible ship cores.
    The client log is getting spammed with "Exception: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException"

I attached my client log and a screenshot.

Attachments

Reaction score
    I had similar issues when I updated my world from an older version. Have you tried creating a new one just for testing? Back than I thought that my savegame was corrupted. Maybe there is a greater problem than I thought in the first place.

Best regards
    Seoson

Reaction score
    I just updated and am unable to see any of the ships or stations rendered. kinda stuck in my ship too lol.

Reaction score
    I had similar issues when I updated my world from an older version. Have you tried creating a new one just for testing? Back than I thought that my savegame was corrupted. Maybe there is a greater problem than I thought in the first place.

Best regards
    Seoson
    Starting a new world doesn't help.
    The log still gets spammed with dozens of these messages per second:
    Exception: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in computing Lighting of Asteroid(122)sec[120]. retrying

Reaction score
    I have tried the different texture packs and pixel levels and no change. I wonder if something was glitched with the changes to the shaders cause it seems like I can see a few blocks on the pirate ships nearby the station I am stuck at. I think I can see the few hardened blocks on the zero model.

Reaction score
    Mhh. Currently there is no issue regarding this bug on the bug tracker.

Could you please post your hardware specs? I will open a ticket than or you can do so your self on http://bugs.star-made.org if you want.

Unfortunately I'm currently unable to reproduce the issue.

Users with the same issue are requested to post there specs as well. Maybe it's hardware or OS specific.

Best regards,
    Seoson

Reaction score
    I did not think it was anything to do with my system since I had been playing just last night. Instead I downloaded a fresh version and I can once again see see everything rendered. So I can only think something in my old version was not updated by the auto down loader. So I have in effect fixed my problem just need to transpose my old universe over to the new installation.

Reaction score
    O.K. did you know from which version you updated to the lastest and have you got a copy of your old client files? If so I will provide you with a link where you can upload your old folder if you want and I will try to dig into further into the issue, since this sounds like a problem with the updater (which will be replaced anyways).

Reaction score
    Mhh. Currently there is no issue regarding this bug on the bug tracker.

Could you please post your hardware specs? I will open a ticket than or you can do so your self on http://bugs.star-made.org if you want.

Unfortunately I'm currently unable to reproduce the issue.

Users with the same issue are requested to post there specs as well. Maybe it's hardware or OS specific.

Best regards,
    Seoson
    This is occurring on both of my computers.

Desktop:
    CPU: Intel i7-950
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
    RAM: 6GB DDR3 1600

Laptop:
    CPU: Intel i7-4700mq
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 765m
    RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600

Reaction score
    Since the uploader seems to be the problem at least for me. I figure it will get fixed in the next change. I'll just start over with a fresh universe since mine was very young. However if you want to see the folder anyways I will upload the old starmade folder.

Reaction score
    I have a backup of my world that I used with 0.1611. I can upload it if you want.

Reaction score
    This is happening to my friend.We play on a world that I host, and half his ship doesnt render in, and chunks of stations aren't rendering either. It's fine on my machine tho. Asked him to send a bug report in.

Reaction score
    Starting a new world doesn't help.
    The log still gets spammed with dozens of these messages per second:
    Exception: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in computing Lighting of Asteroid(122)sec[120]. retrying
    This should be followed by a stacktrace, could you paste the whole thing? With that many people affected this should be sufficient to have it fixed by tomorrowk*.

* no promises

Reaction score
    This should be followed by a stacktrace, could you paste the whole thing? With that many people affected this should be sufficient to have it fixed by tomorrowk*.

* no promises
    I attached the entire log file. The stacktrace is around line 638 in the log.

Attachments

Reaction score
    Sorry, I just realized that, when looking at that thread again, I seem to have forgotten that you already attached the log in the OP. Anyway, thank you very much, this is now known as issue#769.

From the amount of people affected I am assuming that this is not a Linux-only issue. Can anyone confirm this?

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Zoiks, Scoob, Like, my ship became a ghost!

Desktop:
    CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.06GHz Dual Core
    RAM: 2 GB DDR2
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT
    Java: OpenJDK 7

A modified Isanth I am using for some quick trips to the shop:

A closer look, with the engine vents rendering, but the rest of the ship remains completely transparent.

A look at another nearby ship. A Star Trek Enterprise Refit, which should be gleaming white and nearly filling the whole screen:

Full image gallery for this bug:

http://imgur.com/a/E4Mev/

Edit: The blocks are solid and keep me from passing through, so it's less like a ghost and more like a perfect cloaking device. Updated from 0.161 to 0.1616

8/11/2014 Edit: Issue Resolved since changing Raytracing from 16 to 64. Speed seems good. Additionally, the problem should now be completely resolved for 16-level raytracing with the .1617 update. Enhancements and optimizations are keeping the game running smoothly with higher settings.

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I can confirm this issue isn't Linux only. Having same issues, things not loading fully yet are solid.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k
    RAM: 32 GB 1866mhz DDR3
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce 660 TI on latest drivers (340.52)
    Java: Version 7 update 65 (64 bit)

Attachments

Reaction score
    Thank you very much. I've also heard this from someone in chat, suspicion eliminated.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Yeah, I remade my server from scratch 4 times and still have the odd issue of blocks not generating properly after newest update.

OS = Win7 64bit Extended

Reaction score
    Got an update on the glitch, I was able to recreate the error on my new download of the game when I changed my lighting Quality from 64 to 16. can anyone else who is having this problem see if it clear up from changing this setting.

Reactions: der_scheme