Working on a Charon Class frigate.

Reaction score
    Oh wow! I actually already managed to import an .obj from SMEdit into my current version of Starmade but if this can give a better model for me to "chisel" out then I will use it. Can you select the hull color? SMEdit lacks dark gray. And how about core placement?
    I'm not the dev, and it hasn't been released yet, but as far as I know it's just the shape.

Please, please tell me, how did you import from SMEdit into the current version!? SMEdit can only export smd2, not smd3?

Reaction score
    I'm not the dev, and it hasn't been released yet, but as far as I know it's just the shape.

Please, please tell me, how did you import from SMEdit into the current version!? SMEdit can only export smd2, not smd3?
    I do not know what version of a blueprint it is but I simply exported a normal blueprint from SMEdit and loaded it into Starmade. No issues.

Reaction score
    I do not know what version of a blueprint it is but I simply exported a normal blueprint from SMEdit and loaded it into Starmade. No issues.
    Maybe my problem is the version I'm using - SMEdit and current SM are mutually incompatible :(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Reactions: Jojomo
    Reaction score
    Progress is being made on the frigate. I found the control tower to be too low so I removed it and made a new one. Currently the ship stands at almost its 1:1 dimensions. I need to widen the hangar bays and engine nacelles by three blocks and the ship will be exactly as large as it should be. I am going to finish altering the prongs and then I will add lines to put some "depth" into the ship. For now here is a screenshot of the top prong. I had to squeeze the lettering to be as tight as possible.