Work Drone Utility Mk I

Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    In Dry Empire Starmade I intend to build things much larger than FRG Thor and SVG Excavator, and even Dry Station... So rather than go it alone, or entrust building to my captives or hired help, I have created a completely obedient, fully autonomous work force - the WDU (Work Drone Utility).

This first generation work utility features a central simple AI capable of reading and understanding blueprints, identifying it's local surroundings, gathering digital matter signatures from the storage facility, and combinating them into whatever they're told to build.

Actual (as opposed to RP) features:
    * Simple logic alternates two rear-top mounted orange lights to flash... creating a very nice "construction site" effect when several of them are clustered around a new structure or vessel being built.
    * Independantly docked back-pack and turrets allow for alternative fit-outs in the future.
    * Can be piloted manually by wiggling into the crawl space to get to the core.
    * Very cheap to build.
    * 18.3t mass
    * 107 blocks
    * 5m x 7m x 5m
    * Can be docked on a non-enhanced dock
    * Camera forward, port, starboard, and dock
    * Front work light can be manually engaged or disengaged to illuminate work area

I have released a downloadable zip of the blueprint on the blog page (click the link at the bottom of the page)... if you need help installing blueprints please let me know... it's drop dead simple.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty Gold
    Love the screenshots, especially the second one.

Oh yeah, and nice drone too.

Reactions: Drybreeze

Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Thanks guys!
    They serve no military role, but if you like to role play then they're a good bit of kit to scatter around a work site or station as eye candy.

Also they can be fitted with actual functional turrets (salvagers or astro-techs, for example) which could be useful in game play.

Reaction score
    How do I download the BPs for one of these genius drones? Would you provide the BP for them, they are very high quality drones.