Wireless range

Reaction score
    I remember reading that wireless signals could reach anywhere in the same sector. However, I'm not sure how this would work if the object sending the signal was currently unloaded.
    (Which I believe could be the case, even if you are in the same major sector of space, yes?)
    Does anyone have information on the functional limits of wireless signal transmission range? I can't seem to find anything on it.

Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Wireless logic range, to the best of my knowledge, is unlimited, as long as both ends are loaded.

I don't know what you mean by "major sector". If you mean a star system (16^3 sectors), then yes, you could very easily have the other end of the wireless logic be unloaded; by default (not sure if this is configurable) players only load a 3*3*3 cube of sectors centered on their current sector.

Reaction score
    Wireless logic range, to the best of my knowledge, is unlimited, as long as both ends are loaded.

I don't know what you mean by "major sector". If you mean a star system (16^3 sectors), then yes, you could very easily have the other end of the wireless logic be unloaded; by default (not sure if this is configurable) players only load a 3*3*3 cube of sectors centered on their current sector.
    You guessed my meaning exactly. LoL. Sorry, the sectors thing always gets me confused, they really should use different names.

3x3 cubes, huh?
    Hmmm... So having an unmanned wireless pulse would have a pretty short range. Can unloaded ships still be triggered by a direct player activation of a wireless module?

Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    As far as the game cares, unloaded sectors don't exist. Wireless modules in unloaded sectors, therefore, cannot interact at all, because they are not being simulated.

Reactions: Agame3