Wireless logic connections break if multiple copies of the same ship/station exist

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    just stumbled on to this problem when I tried to load up another copy of my station in my creative universe only to find that all the wireless logic connections were broken.

is this intentional or another bug?

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    That should be a bug, pretty sure (you should always be able to spawn a blueprint multiple times). Maybe wireless blocks work with some sort of "block hash" that is the same for two identical entities?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    There is also bug if You use marker beam to connect wireless logic blocks (if u have more than one logic block at one entity.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    That should be a bug, pretty sure (you should always be able to spawn a blueprint multiple times). Maybe wireless blocks work with some sort of "block hash" that is the same for two identical entities?
    I've noticed before that wireless connections seem to be maintained through blueprints. for instances if you connect ship A to ship B then save ship B as a blueprint, Ship A will always be connected to Ship B even if the original Ship B is destroyed and you spawn in another one.

discovered that one entirely by accident while testing a remote controlled push torpedo ship. I found it odd that no matter how many torpedo ships that i spawned in I never had to reconnect the wireless logic. Could be related this bug