Wireless Frequency Logic & Codes

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I figured this would be interesting since it'd open up some doors. The main general idea is the current wireless logic blocks could be changed to operate on a binary frequency or a new version of them that does this could be made. There are also other things that could use binary codes and frequencies as well so we could have a code for dialing a specific warpgate from another one or lock doors easier. So many ways to use this.

Wifi Router: This is basically a wireless logic block when it has no activation modules linked to it and if none are it has to be manually linked like one. Linking it to Activation modules and turning them On or Off will let you set the frequency it operates on allowing for any Wifi Router using the same frequency to send signals to it.

Binary Code Warpgate: This isn't a block but an upgrade to the current warpgate computers. You do the same thing as with the Wifi Router and link some activation mods to it to set the frequency and when someone wants to use the gate they have to send the right frequency to the computer before it'll activate and let them use it to go to the destination. As long as someone is sending a destination frequency that exists they can activate the gate. So you aren't sending the gate's frequency but its destination it'll send you to. The only times you'll have to send the frequency of the gate is either when you are going to it or when the gate's destination dialing is logic locked without it.

I'm not sure what other things code use binary codes like this to do things so if anyone has ideas have at it. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Being able to lock various systems on a ship/station with code would be a great feature. I would like to see a communication/authentication computer added to the game, that you could put on your ship and perhaps set a "frequency" on as you have described, by linking Activation Modules to it. Then, the ship itself could "transmit" the frequency to the Warp Gate to get permission to jump.

Reaction score
    Inspiration coming from "The Powder Toy" here: why not connect the wireless block to a combination of other blocks, where those blocks give the communication code(s?)?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    i have a suggestion and some questions

the suggestion:
    for assigning a code to wireless logic it might work better/be easier to have the codes set using a menu where you enter the code or if it is the first one in the system and u want it on a unique frequency there could be an option to generate a random code. it would also be necessary to define a range for the transmitters.

the questions:
    how would warp gates get there code (would it be generated when the computer is placed or would u set it)?
    if it is generated how would u find it out (would u press r on the computer or could the code replace the floating "warp gate reddy" message)?
    how would u enter the destination code?
    what happens if the code you enter does not exist/ is out of range?
    how could i stop others jumping to my gate?