WIP Wallpaper & New Player Model

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was bored the other day and realized I haven't done any rendering with Blender in quite some time. Since the Starmade player model isn't that great looking I grabbed some old blocky human model I made long ago, turned it into an astronaut, swung my magic wand and voila!

Click the image for enlarged view.

What was supposed to be a simple wallpaper turned into a rigging/posing/animating exercise because the old model was badly rigged and I couldn't resist trying to animate the new one.

The thing isn't finished yet - the background planet still needs some work and I wanted to have some structure behind the astronaut, with a big ship docked to it. Sadly SMEdit/Blender are messing things up when I try to import ships :(

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Wow, it\'s nice to have talented people making awesome stuff for Starmade. It might be a good idea to stick around, maybe Schema will eventually want someone who can make pretty pictures for promotions and such.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Oh I\'ll definitely stick around for a while :)

So today (and yesterday) I tried to replace the current playermodel with the one in the picture. After some difficulties like an invisible model, spooky geometry from hell and others I managed to get it right.

Aaaaand I forgot to get rid of the pink blank spots of the texture.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Awesome. If I had people in my world that looked like this I would be... Very.... Happy, for lack of a better word.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    @Holydemon49
    Oh sure thing! I\'ll just play around with it a bit more and put it here for download then.

Reaction score
    Someone is a Cylon fan i see... May we have a none-cylon model to?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Whoops, nearly forgot about this.

@alike
    I actually didn\'t have cylons in mind while doing that texture :P I also have a normal astronaut texture for it lying around but I guess with the new player model coming up this has become somewhat needless.
    I\'m not really a fan of the new model, but maybe it\'s just the bland texture that makes it look somewhat unappealing to me.