[WIP - Update 6/23/14] Station - T5

Reaction score
    After the wonderful reception of the last station that I built, Research Station S, I've started to build another. I've been busy since I finished my last one so I've only just begun building it. It took me a few tries to figure out how to start it off, because once again I'm making it up as I go.

I'm using some of the same design elements/styles that i used in Research Station S and might very well reuse a piece or two from it and incorporate it into this one as well. I'm also going to be trying to incorporate some of the design elements that might have been lacking in my previous one, as pointed out by some and as noticed by myself. I'll also be trying to use some of the newer blocks introduced in the recent .15 update (I think I was waiting for that really before I began this one :D).

Without further ado have some pics! (I'll try to update often to show my progress)

Also, as you might notice I'm including some power and shields inside the outer and inner walls. It'd be a hassle to have to do it after the fact. It's also something I should have really done in my last one as well.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Awesome job! Looks great. A view of the whole thing would be good though; it's quite hard to figure out what the exterior looks like as a whole.

Reaction score
    Thanks both of you :)

Awesome job! Looks great. A view of the whole thing would be good though; it's quite hard to figure out what the exterior looks like as a whole.
    Lol, I didn't take an image of the outside of it yet as there wasn't really anything in particular that made the outside look good. I haven't worked on exterior details much yet as I've only just started building this station. Once I get a little further along I'll be sure to post some of the outside as well.

Reactions: WolfChild
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Looks good as of yet. The detailing is phenomenal. Curious as to what the overall outer shape will be when fully constructed. Props.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Thanks both of you :)

Lol, I didn't take an image of the outside of it yet as there wasn't really anything in particular that made the outside look good. I haven't worked on exterior details much yet as I've only just started building this station. Once I get a little further along I'll be sure to post some of the outside as well.
    Fair enough :D

Reaction score
    Looks good as of yet. The detailing is phenomenal. Curious as to what the overall outer shape will be when fully constructed. Props.
    Thanks! I'm getting curious to, since my power core turned out to be quite large so far by itself. So I'm wondering how big this is gonna be by the time I finish. Final shape wise, I'm not sure, we can both be surprised by the end :p

Anyway, time for some update pictures since i'm pretty much done with the power core area(outside area still needs detailing).

As I said up above the outside still needs detailing and is far from finished, and this is just the Power Core of this station so there is plenty still left to do.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Ok, the power core is beyond awesome. You need to put a NSFW tag on that mofo, cuz it's sexy. Major props, and it's not even done yet. Keep us updated, plox.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    This is by far the coolest power-core/reactor I've ever seen :O. You're doing an epic job so far! I'm seriously considering if I should steal some elements from it (especially the coils) :p.

Just kidding, but this will clearly be a source of inspiration in the future. I can't wait to see more!

Reaction score
    Ok, the power core is beyond awesome. You need to put a NSFW tag on that mofo, cuz it's sexy. Major props, and it's not even done yet. Keep us updated, plox.
    This is by far the coolest power-core/reactor I've ever seen :O. You're doing an epic job so far! I'm seriously considering if I should steal some elements from it (especially the coils) :p.

Just kidding, but this will clearly be a source of inspiration in the future. I can't wait to see more!
    Thank you both! I'm quite pleased with how the power core has turned out as well.

Now for some update pictures. I'm not quite sure if this is how this part of the station(The outside area of the power core) is going to look at the end as I may still change my mind about some things later on but here is what its looking like at the moment.

In the spoiler tags I use the terms "front" and "back" just as a way to identify different angles of the same area as well as to identify the other angles using degree offsets from the "front".

Also you might notice that just above the core area (the area you see with yellow and black hazard blocks) are some turret docking modules. This time, unlike with my last station, I'm going to try and place some of these where I can without changing the design flow to much. the actual turrets themselves, however, I will most likely leave up to those who choose to download the station and choose to use it for their own purposes. I don't want to limit what type of armaments the station has since the purpose and location the station is used for and at can dictate the kind of defense each user may wish to include.

Now back to work! Or maybe off to sleep :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Wow, this is amazing, but so crowded... where is the hanger/docking ports?

Reaction score
    Wow, this is amazing, but so crowded... where is the hanger/docking ports?
    Yea I've gotten that feeling about the outside detailing I've done so far, which I may tweak a bit later on in the project or when I feel like it. Also I haven't added a hanger or docking ports yet ;) but I will be. There surely isn't any room to add them to it yet and the station is by far from done so plenty still to come :D