WIP (REF Ikazuchi) Cruiser/Carrier

Reaction score
    I decided to try out making a replica Ship from one of my childhood favorite space anime's, in this case Robotech.

The Ikazuchi is a 700m long battleship/carrier, it can be seen in Robotech the Shadow Chronicles in it's shadow form,

I'll need to upload some photos shortly, as I have only finished the frame mesh at this time.

Reaction score
    Here is the wire Frame as it stands, I have not finished the thrusters, or the thruster fairings. Also I have not finished the outer hull, which I plan to have in two different colors. Blue with White for one, and Black with Red for the other.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    She looks like a good, tall ship.

Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Oooo this looks like it'll be a nice vessel. Building for RP or PVP or hybrid?

Reaction score
    I'll post the finished Shell later tonight, as well as the File for it.

Given the size, and the coming changes to some systems, I felt it better to just post a shell, I still need to add the 14 main turrets zones, though I have already added the main cannon slot. I have also not added any of the hanger doors as they are moving, or extra hanger levels, within the bays.

As for RP/PVP/Hybrid, for me its going to be RP, but the shell is big enough for whatever someone wants

Reaction score
    The Finished Shell, without detail, as I will add that to my finished product later. I did smooth the edges though.

I was not sure what I wanted to do with the hanger doors as yet, so I left them off. Also I am having issue with the Exporter and Win zip for uploading, this bugs me...

Reactions: Scypio

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Are the hangers the protrusions on the sides with yellow in the recessed ends?

They look like they are segmented.

Fun, friendly recommendation:
    I have never seen a sequenced swinging door in a released ship on CC, where one section swings out of the way (in this case, maybe swing them up and in?), and then the next section follows suit, until the entire segmented door is open. I think it would look very Robotech-y.

vseqdoors1.gif

Reactions: Bladeriker
    Reaction score
    Yes, the hangers are the large sections on each side, there is also a planetary landing hanger bay, which is the middle section on the bottom, but the doors on that will open in a different way, and I have not cut them out.

For the hangers I was thinking split, or opens to the top, that will also depend on what I plan to put in them, as the hangers are big enough to carry a small corvette size ship.

Given the size of each hangers this could be used as a drone carrier, fighter/bomber carrier, or mining mother ship, small ship transport.
    If I recall that are 100x, 40x, 40x, I'll need to go check.

Reaction score
    Working on some hull detail, internal decks, elevators, docking, and hanger doors. all while leaving room for systems, the new rector setup, and other things. Already added some planetary launch thursters to the bottom hull. Will be adding the Turret housings soon.

I was going through some other images from different angles and see that I need to do some slight redesign of the hull. I was adding the sub Bridges last night, as well as some other hull detail, though it seems I will need to go over it some more.

The above photo is from a fan sight, the below is a still taken form the Robotech Movie.

It seems I need to add an oversized craft bay to the mid ship, also from this angle it seems the hanger doors open top and bottom and then retract.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Added some more Hull detail, as well as the extra bay.

Still needs more hull detail, though I have added forward and aft airlock locations, as well as markers for where the main turrets are going to be.

Reaction score
    Added both the hanger doors, and for and aft air locks.

The hanger doors split the hanger and swing open, much like every pic/video I have seen of their depiction.

Doors closed, and the airlocks can be seen midway up the ship both for and aft, and on both sides.

Bays 1, 3, 5, are pictured here, where bays 1, 3, are for fighters, and bay 5 is for larger craft. (Bombers, Corvettes, Miners,etc..)

Reaction score

It has been a while, but I have finished the internal decks (11 total) from Stem to Stern. Currently working on the Reactor Room/Section, but kind of waiting on the new reactors to be released. I also added a Fighter maintenance bay between the left and right forward hangers, and half on between the mid hangers.

Reaction score
    Finally the Weapon release got here. With that said I started adding the Turrets and the Main Cannon.

First set of Turrets only 10 more for full complement of Anti-Cap-Ship Turrets.

Entry impact Damage from only one barrel during testing at one of my target dummies (IE, I loaded a wrong version of same ship)

And looking through one of the wholes there is the exit damage. Mind you I was testing out different Weapon Builds, Settled on C-B at 108000 Damage Per Barrel.

I did not get any pics of the main Cannon as I have not finished it, but B-B is sexy now :)

Reaction score
    So in addition I added in the power chambers. As this is modeled after a Shadow (SDF) Carrier, It has perma-stealth and anti missile lock on. Also a jump Chamber, A def chamber, a Mobility chamber (Turning) I still have 5% power use I can assign as needed.