[WIP] Goa'Uld Mothership

Reaction score
    I'm currently working on building a Goa'uld mothership (( the Ha'tak to be specific )) in 1:1 scale

To what the progress on the building tune in and watch it getting build live at: http://www.twitch.tv/at_banj0z

WARNING!; I will not be entertaining you on the stream xD its ment for ppl to drop in and out just to check up on how its going, I will not sit and clown out and tell jokes... I'm sorry but that won't happen =P. and its mostlikely the best for all of us that way xD.

I will also appologise for what ever random background music / video / movie I have playing in the background.

Reaction score
    You beat me to it!

Anyways, the Ha\'tak looked great. Looking forward to see this being done.

Reaction score
    Week 1 progress picture:

Its going very well so far I have acchived more then what I had thought.

also a few notes about building big ships:

mirroring only works if u have loaded the space you are trying to mirror to even if there is nothing there, this is a bit annoying when you try to mirror something 500 meters away.

I tried to make a docking field 450x450x400 but it got so extremely laggy (( down to 1 FPS )) when I hit 450x 10.

other then that its going pretty good; the harsh look of the pyramid is done still need to give it more texture. Made a Death glider for the hangar bay, unfortunately I won\'t be able to make it as in the movie or fit as many as I can\'t make it so the Death glider can retract its wings.

Currently working on the rough model of the disc around the pyramid center.

Reaction score
    Now the hard part though ^^, looks to be going well so far though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Nice work, this is what I would love to fly around in, whats the status?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That is magnificent! I was thinking of doing one but I saw this and now there’s no point :P I\'m building an Aurora Warship maybe when you\'re done have a little Goa’uld vs Ancient battle? :D

Reaction score
    it have been on hold for a bit now, might get around to finish it soonish. I ran into some lag problemms at some point in the past but it seems to be gone now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve notived with some larger ships you get serious lagg as soon as the game starts to generate the surface of planets, rather annoying but I am hoping that clears. Looking forward to the final product, I have a server with a friend and his ships are causing havoc on starbases I own. I think one of these parked next to them would make him think twice about attacking me ;D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is not true, while yes low spec PCs can cause a lag issue most of the cause is down to coding and optimisations, how things are rendered and processed by the game engine. Seeing as my system spec will be able to Run Rome2 Total war at Maximum settings I can safely say that the issue unfortunetly lies on the game half. However this is very early alpha and is to be expected, but I am confident that as development moves on more optimisations will be brought in over time and this will eventually be phased out.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    With 4 sides instead of 3. It was apparently impossible to build a triangular Hat\'ak without making it on it\'s side.

Not bad :)

Reaction score
    I don\'t know what you mean by making it on its side. mine is made made normally.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Four sided isnt at all accurate.. So in some ways its pointless. Its not a hatak if its not accurate to the ship from the series..

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I wouldn\'t say it is pointless, or even say that it isn\'t accurate. There are many examples of Goa\'uld ships that were pyramid in shape, just look at Ra and Her\'urs\' ships or even that of Apophis. It has been stated that there are many types of Ha\'tak but the most common one is the three sided style this isi considered to be the standard issue ship. So I just assume that this is just a different class of Ha\'tak and it keeps me happy :) I get to Rule over my universe as a God of nobody lol.

One thing I would reccomend though is the larger ship in the hanger perhaps that should be replaced with a smaller Tel\'tak or something similar, it might make redocking easier.

Reaction score
    I think this died a long time ago, I wonder if it was finished...