[WIP]Fuyu's HUD

Reaction score
    Hi guys/girls , recently , to increase my graphics talents , and photoshop skills , I've decided to make a new HUD/GUI (I never understand the difference) for Starmade . Enjoy !

DemoHUD.jpg

First , I have an idea for the buttons : triangles ! But I think it's to ... messy ?

DemoHUD 21.59.50.jpg

And here the concept for the menu , and the graphic interface . I think this is the final graphic style of my HUD .

Hope you like it , please comment , tell me what you think about it , what you dislike , like ...
    -Fly safe , Fuyuko .

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    HUD is Heads Up Display I believe, and GUI is Graphical User Interface o -o I think we have a mix of both in starmade xD

I like the Menu Idea, but think the buttons need to be straighten up a little? It'd look fine on its own, but some screens have lots of buttons o -o

-/Is Interested

Reactions: Fuyuko
    Reaction score
    I've give up for the concept on first pic . Like I said , Its to messy . Thanks for your comment :)

Reaction score
    Hi ! Here is the continuation . Sorry for delay , is because i'm 14 and I have college :confused: . But this nigth and this morning , I've done something :
    DemoHUD.jpg
    Tell me what you think about it , this will make me glad , what do you like , don't like , that will help me so much !
    -Fly safe !

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    I like it. It's simple, yet detailed. Neutral, yet interesting. (I like how the background of the main screen resembles the top of the realistic texture computers)

As for the button, a slight bit too messy, I would like to see something that fits with the rest a bit more.

However, some advice here. Never delete anything. Just keep it somewhere, as an extra option for later on.

Reactions: Fuyuko
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Looks really cool. I would only suggest making the white edges around the buttons a lot softer. Perhaps more grey.

Reaction score
    BAHHHA.jpg

Tired to wrote a message ... this is daily work ... Yes the icons are a bit black&white , but I like it , and , if you look closely , the icons are to quite transparent . Hope you like it , comment please !

Reactions: CyberTao
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Looks very nice indeed. Perhaps darken the edges of the grey a little, so it looks more solid, and not so paperlike.
    Keep up the good work :D

Reaction score
    Hi ! Today , no HUD , 'cuz I don't work on it , but a texture pack concept . (and a new avatar *0*)
    Searching.jpg

Guess for what block I've made it . The winner will get a banana !

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Radarjammer?
    Also, I suggest using pixel art for a texture pack. Gives a much cleaner effect. And if you handpaint it, then select areas to control where the paint goes.

Reaction score
    Radarjammer ? No , but this is an idea ! And this is a sketch ^^

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Starting to look really good! ^.^ Personally couldnt handle anything that doesnt handle objects as vectors, but i guess photoshop is acceptable ;) But i reapply like the text on the WEAPONS panel

Reaction score
    I start with the pick up , and you can see the final result down .
    SecondTeaser.jpg
    Teasing.jpg

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I really like this, can't wait for it to be finished, I'll definitely use it :D
    My guess as to what block that is, is one of the decoration blocks.

Reaction score
    The block used to do the "background" ? This is ice crystals . I asked myself about put off the text "Main menu , Inventory etc..." ; do I have to put it off ?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I meant the block you made a texture for and said whoever guesses correctly will get a banana. I like the Main menu and the other labels, you don't need to remove them if you don't want.

Reaction score
    Aaah ! This not a decoration block . I think I'm not gonna remove them ... I will see .