[WIP] Dragonfly-Class Cruiser

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Hello everyone!
    i am gonna show you my latest ongoing WIP, the Dragonfly, even though that name isn't stuck in stone so name suggestions are most welcome.

what needs to be done so far, more exterior greeblings and an interor among interior greeblings, weapon systems and turrets, and atlast Logic systems.
    Length: 362 meters, height: 69 meters, Width: 213 meters.

in the middle it shall be a small hangar for maximum of 5 small aircraft (logic doors among osme systems are needed here aswell)

all critisism is helpfull, and ideas for change is also accepted! please tell me what you think!

//Antezscar

Reactions: jayman38

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I see a lot of elements reminiscent of Star Wars. Very pretty. (Generally prettier than the Star Wars ships this reminds me of). Very nice!

Edit: Space plane designs are nice and familiar, but I always recommend more vertical construction. Don't be afraid to use that third dimension.

Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I see a lot of elements reminiscent of Star Wars. Very pretty. (Generally prettier than the Star Wars ships this reminds me of). Very nice!

Edit: Space plane designs are nice and familiar, but I always recommend more vertical construction. Don't be afraid to use that third dimension.
    thank you for the review! i shall keep that third dimension in mind! hehe :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Progress 2: floor 1 [COMPLETE] crew living quarters, dinning area, life support and walkway to hangarbay on first floor. all doors are fused with logic so you just have to step close to them to open the doors.

Reactions: Rumcajz

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The rooms look nice, functional, and big. Bravo.

Reaction score
    That's really nice looking, I'll definitely try it out when it's done!

You mentioned exterior greebling in the OP; be careful with it, I've seen many ships that overdo it and make it difficult to look at (Too much going on, your eye doesn't know where to go)

The general philosophy I've heard for design like this, that I agree with, is having three tiers of detail, low, medium, and high, to help your eyes move along the ship.

Fantastic job so far!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    UPDATE 3: second floor is finnished! all the freaking logic and rails i have used in this ship. i haven't used so much logic in a ship before. but i learned much about logic and it is awesome! the ship will have 2 floors (3 with the bridge) and all is able to be accesed through 4 rails elevators.
    1:st floor contains crew quarters, medical bay, hangar, kichen and artificial gravity generator.
    2:nd floor contains operations room, ship controlls, captain's room, air locks, life support, transporter room and elevator to bridge (where the core is located).
    i thin if you are a sci-fi nerd you will probably recognise some of the stuff i have built in this ship. (interior is inspired from 4 different sci-fi universes, one of them is my own kek)

interior is 97% done, some logic doors and stuff needs to be added
    all turrets are added
    then rest of the ship needs to be filled with energy, shields and thrusters and weapon systems.

then it is done.

and i have been thinking of changing the name to the Endeavour-class what do you think?

pics from second floor:

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Impressive work. Might have to ‘borrow’ some of those interior ideas. What I am curious about is what type of floor plan are you going with?

Reaction score
    Looks like the Republic Frigate, Consular-class cruiser with Charger C70 battle retrofit. Vaguely.
    I like it, but perhaps make those engines a bit better - taller, mainly, though a little wider will help. Use the third dimension, as one of the people above said, and it'll do wonders for looks and systems space. If you make bigger engines, it may help to offset the overwhelming size of the "wing" setup you have going on. It's a little wide for the bow you have, but hey, it looks alright.
    Don't mind me, I'm a perfectionist. I like it though, good job.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Looks like the Republic Frigate, Consular-class cruiser with Charger C70 battle retrofit. Vaguely.
    I like it, but perhaps make those engines a bit better - taller, mainly, though a little wider will help. Use the third dimension, as one of the people above said, and it'll do wonders for looks and systems space. If you make bigger engines, it may help to offset the overwhelming size of the "wing" setup you have going on. It's a little wide for the bow you have, but hey, it looks alright.
    Don't mind me, I'm a perfectionist. I like it though, good job.
    I think it's the baby of a Consular and Arquitens.