Windoom is looking for passionate players to explore its galaxy!

Reaction score
    Since everything is in order now after the big wipe, I felt it would be appropriate to make this thread. We'd like to have some more enthusiasts in this tight community to keep things interesting.

Thus if interested, perhaps tell us a few things things about yourself in a reply to this thread:

1.) Are you a StarMade enthusiast!? (of course, the answer to this would be: "yes sir, I am!")

2.) Do you prefer using smaller agile craft? Or gigantic capital ships? Or perhaps something inbetween?

3.) Are you obsessed with space? If so, which aspects of space interest you most?

4.) Do you enjoy a good faction war? Or do you prefer to find your own corner of the galaxy isolated from the rest of the people?

5.) Do you enjoy lore in games? Or is it all pure gameplay for you? (This may affect a future decision).

6.) Are you brave enough to venture the void of Windoom, filled with pirates and other scum?

You can choose to answer these questions here, or to go ahead and make an introduction thread at http://starmade.windoom.com/index.php?forums/introduce-yourself.6/, REMEMBER: it's just meant as introduction. Once registered, you can talk to people via the website chat, including the admins, or you can browse the big forums for tips, texture-mods, news and other goodies.

You can also skip all this and visit Windoom right away at windoom.com:4242.

The playercount is stale right now, but it is supposed to rise fast the coming few weeks after some efforts to mold things back into shape, hopefully with tons of new potential and active community members passing by and staying, so starting out early can be really beneficial!

Windoom currently consists of a few diehards who won't ever ditch us. They are quite active on the forums, and we would like to expand upon this group since a healthy and tight community can introduce a lot of long-term fun.

For people that have been already on Windoom a while ago: the server has been wiped clean, and a lot of new ideas have been introduced, including the allowance of blueprints, custom blocks, a huge amount of fixed recipes, and a lot more.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Windoom is looking for passionate players to explore its galaxy!

What would be their prize/award for such an inhuman accomplishment like finishing to explore it\'s galaxy ?

Since it\'s galaxy is exactly 79228162493583873292826248184 sectors big, +- few hundreds with the probability of missing one in the max integer, or the 0 0 0 sector being counted 8 times.

So yeah, any galaxy in this game is this big: 79.228.162.493.583.873.292.826.248.184

Any volunteers ? :D Windoom needs a lot of people for this !

Have fun,

-Mike

Reaction score
    The prize/award would be infinite glory and fame, just as infinite as the galaxy itself!

Reaction score
    If the galaxy was infinite then how do you explore it all? YOU DONT and no it is not infinite.

Reaction score
    Thank you for stating the obvious, but I was already aware of that.

Also, I never mentioned exploring \"all\" of the galaxy in the main post... Like... \"Explore the galaxy\" means you can also explore parts of it? Common sense? Both of you seem to have missed that point.

EDIT: Just to fix the confusion a bit: Windoom is a shared account, across the admins of the server. In this case, I wrote the post.

Reaction score
    Thanks for the warm welcome to your server, NOT! Logged into your server to check it out and went looking around. Got shot at at the spawn area first thing. Then went exploring elsewhere salvaged some minerals and sold them at a shop. Got 159000 credits. Tried to buy a ship from catalog but wouldnt spawn. Started to make own ship with spawned in items and the blocks started disappearing and then to top it off I got kicked from server. Really warm welcome. Not to mention the comlaints in chat along with the poor choice of words, guess i\'ll look somewhere else for a server.

Reaction score
    So you run into problems, refuse to tell staff anything, and instead complain here?

1.) Spawn is a protected area, along with all the surrounding sectors.

2.) Ships that get uploaded from local blueprints can fail to spawn (this can include ships that are in the list uploaded by others!) This is because we are using a modified blockconfig, so the server thinks the blueprints made with the default one are cheated, while this isn\'t the case. It is a bug, and we can solve it by spawning it manually for you.

3.) Not sure where you got the spawned in items from, as players cannot spawn items on here. Wrong server perhaps?

4.) Whenever I\'m on, nobody is complaining. Most of us are capable of speaking English more than fine... The younger ones may have trouble with it, but isn\'t that normal? This server is for everyone.

Again, I have a feeling that you commented on the wrong server, because you posted this a few days ago, and are still playing on Windoom now.

Reaction score
    My first visit to windoom, as unregistered player, was a surprise for me. The spawn items i am refering to are the basic items tecieved when you spawn the first time ie: 3 power, 3 thrusters, 20 grey hull, 1 ship core ect. However since i registered and have played for awhile i find that everyone is very nice and helpful. Shout out to GamingforGlory, has been helpful with answers. I would like to have my ship spawned into windoom however i know I dont have the blocks to pay for it. Windoom is a great server to play on and different enough from other servers to make Starmade challengeing again. Thanks for all of your help too!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    ^ he prolly just wants Permanent Admin, teleport to the sector 2 billion, claim he explored it all and keep admin for his fun :D

Reaction score
    That\'s true, we got some custom blocks and a custom fixed recipe system though.

We basically tweaked all settings till we got something that would offer a nice and fun Starmade experience, unlike default Single Player currently does. A lot of this tweaking involved feedback from users as well, and the economy system was made by somebody who played a lot with these recipes and was well aware of the economy on the server.

The things that currently really make Windoom stand out are:

-Excellent up-time due to (finally) implemented crash detection and auto-restart

-Manual pirate spawning: makes server a lot more stable and doesn\'t insta-kill new players

-A generally helpful community.

-Great and active forum/website with tons of information, news posting, and livechat.

But in the end, we\'re just a StarMade server, we can do as much as the game and as our spare time allows us to.

EDIT: oh, and we got a cool spawn station!!

Reaction score
    It\'s funny though, I think he PMed me as well, even though the title of this thread explicitly mentions \"Players\" :P

Reaction score
    Yes you can, but in order to spawn them you need to collect the necessary amount of blocks by playing the game like the others.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    1:yes

2: somewhare in beetween

3 exploring

4: together

5: a mix in beetween lore and gameplay

6 yes!

Reaction score
    Yay, finally.

1.) Are you a StarMade enthusiast!? (of course, the answer to this would be: \"yes sir, I am!\")

Aye, sir. I am, indeed.

2.) Do you prefer using smaller agile craft? Or gigantic capital ships? Or perhaps something inbetween?

A medium-sized, fast and heavy armed frigate, sir.

3.) Are you obsessed with space? If so, which aspects of space interest you most?

Space? SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE! Of course I am. Space interests me most.

I like to explore a lot.

4.) Do you enjoy a good faction war? Or do you prefer to find your own corner of the galaxy isolated from the rest of the people?

I try to find my own corner and make it a safe heaven for everyone.

5.) Do you enjoy lore in games? Or is it all pure gameplay for you? (This may affect a future decision).

I do preffer games with a bit more lore then gameplay. But gameplay is also importantin.

6.) Are you brave enough to venture the void of Windoom, filled with pirates and other scum?

YES SIR. I am. Indeed.