Win 10 Home/Java 8u60 x64 crash on starting

Reaction score
    Game was working fine with Windows 10 Home and Java 8u51

Java updated to Java 8u60 and game did not start...
    Click on Starmade shortcut
    Click [Start Game] button in launcher window
    Click [OK] button in the Starmade Connection Setup window
    The Starmade Connector window comes up and gets to "requesting synchronize..." then the error
    "LoadLibrary failed with error 1114: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed"

Computer config is Win 10 Home, i5-2410m cpu , Radeon 6770m gpu, 12GB Ram

Uninstalling Java 8u60 and reinstalling Java 8u51 makes the game works fine again.
    I have seen similar reports and errors about other java games with Win 10 and the Java 8u60 update.

Have tried on another machine Win 10 Ent, AMD x4 2.3Ghz cpu, Radeon 6580gpu, 8GB Ram
    Same issue and rolling back java fixes this as well.

Happily rolling along on 8u51 in the interim...this migh be of help for other users

Reaction score
    just adding to it,
    Game was working fine with Windows 10 Home and Java 8u51

Java updated to Java 8u60 and game did not start...
    Click on Starmade shortcut
    Click [Start Game] button in launcher window
    Click [OK] button in the Starmade Connection Setup window
    The Starmade Connector window comes up and gets to "requesting synchronize..." then the error
    "LoadLibrary failed with error 1114: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed"

Computer config is Win 10 Home, i5-2410m cpu , Radeon 6770m gpu, 12GB Ram

Uninstalling Java 8u60 and reinstalling Java 8u51 makes the game works fine again.
    I have seen similar reports and errors about other java games with Win 10 and the Java 8u60 update.

Have tried on another machine Win 10 Ent, AMD x4 2.3Ghz cpu, Radeon 6580gpu, 8GB Ram
    Same issue and rolling back java fixes this as well.

Happily rolling along on 8u51 in the interim...this migh be of help for other users
    yeah, don't blame 10... this happened with update 40 on windows 7 AND 10... and update 60 on win 7...
    this obviously needs a looking into...

this is my logfile by the way for anyone looking, throws up a PNG related error, and kills the game.

please note, i've got an earlier post a few months back about a similar issue, with an old update (that was fixed) this issue is obviously recurring, and may need some community awareness...

*edit* seems unrelated, tried java 8 update 51 with same result
    also forgot to mention my brother's surface pro 2 (windows 8 x64) also has same issue...
    re-downloading is not a fix.

Attachments

Last edited: