Will there be AI-Combat in unloaded sectors?

Reaction score
    Some time ago shine put out a plan for "simulated" AI-Combat.
    I personally would very much like something like that (at the very least in singleplayer), but it met quite some resistance from the community as people saw substantial potential for abuse.

Does any one know, wherever this feature is still planed in some form or if it's getting scraped entirely?

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    I think it will do something very simple like comparing masses of the ships ending up making the best unloaded sector ships be giant bricks of dirt.

Reactions: Crashmaster
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I personally would very much like something like that (at the very least in singleplayer), but it met quite some resistance from the community as people saw substantial potential for abuse.

Does any one know, wherever this feature is still planed in some form or if it's getting scraped entirely?
    Not sure, but I was also looking forward to this, and to unloaded fleet mining. I assume that once they get to a very stable weapons balance, they could update the whole "rating" system they put in for ships and base it off that somehow.

Reaction score
    I would like to see ships that are made for off sector fighting that does not works when loaded: it would make so interesting stuff once you watch.
    Also making the optimal for both off loaded sector and in loaded sector be the same means that players will after some time have murderkill armies that beats any player manned ships.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I would like to see ships that are made for off sector fighting that does not works when loaded: it would make so interesting stuff once you watch.
    Also making the optimal for both off loaded sector and in loaded sector be the same means that players will after some time have murderkill armies that beats any player manned ships.
    It would. Likewise it would mean that some players would have special fleets and ships designed to confront those fleets and shred them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I don't remember what was in the plan, but simulated battles should be slow or have delay before they begin, so the players have a chance to go and help... I can imagine player ship being like a "hero" unit in an RTS if all other ships are not made for loaded combat :davecool:

Last edited:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Add a "soul value" per player.

Maybe +25 -(88 +1n) / +(88 +1r) -5.
    n & r = guilt and guilt relief.

+n= guilt until quadrouple repayment through gifts to environment.
    +r= guilt relief when the damaged one gains something back: §by 2/5 value if it's in a peaceful way and 5/6 with fights against others + 7/9 when it's gained through war which the damaged one wages.

players with high n are "tainted".
    players with high r are "heavenly warriors" that prevent damage.​

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    So as far as I know a player can be a tainted heavenly warrior?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So as far as I know a player can be a tainted heavenly warrior?
    Heavenly warriors pay back their dept to society by gifting the innocents with protection.
    The relief also helps giving them a margin of operation.

Basically they have to pray to balance by donation of 20/5 sin.
    But they only have to give 6/5 and get a relief of 5/5 => 1/5 total.

Best values would be (when you are interested into):
    Because 15/5 are paid by the innocents they protect via gifts that accumulate over time.
    1/5 is their own contribution which comes from a high rate of gifting that drops 5-10% loot to the community, based on taint/soul-value * ratio-4/5 and taint/relief * ratio-1/5 being positive.

The loot is server-wide distributed based on a 20% outgo time revenue that feeds back the pool and is paid in steps of 1/10. It's like a river flowing from tainted to innocents to protectors to innocents to all.
    20% is a 80/100 ratio which is a 160/300+(60/30)/300 because 10% is reserved as feedb-lack.

Because of the wars tainted fight, they produce outgo-time which leads to income-tax which leads to time-flow. Time-flow is the rate of change in revenue and ultimately inflation.

Time revenue is converted to resources by the trade opportunities of pAllah (All which help a to power h)
    h=Dimensions, p=power, a=source-density sustaining space and perception of time.
    ll=double wave 144 progression divided as 55*55+(34-1+nth)*144=89*89 with 55+89=144.
    n= Sin
    nt = Time flow
    nth = Time flow determinates dimension exchange rate. A+B=C

The slow flowing dimensions are matter, the fast flowing ones algorithms and the ones that keep balance are living beings that learned to share and gain back to counter the time inflation caused by their own livings.
    Algorithms solve problems for livings and livings feed algorithms to progress in time.

Last edited:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Actually I read 3 topics and swapped context mentally while answering a reply to the OP. more likely ?=)
    Neon, are you deliberately trying to derail the thread?
    It actually fits the game and topic because AI must be self-reinforcing without rewarding itself for hurting other.
    The distribution I described shows details how that can be archived.

Only that gives us a moderately realistic environment.
    One that isn't a prison for players spirit but something intuitively understandable.