Will the missile blast radius through shields bug ever be fixed?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It's been here since day one, and it completely invalidates any ship or station with internal hangers for protecting vehicles.

What I'm talking about is how a missile fired from an enemy can strike a mother entity like a carrier ship or station, with said mother entity absorbing the hit with it's shields and have no harm done to it, but the blast from the missile radiates through the mother entity's hull and fucking wrecks whatever small vehicles were inside.

This makes operating a mothership or non-faction-homed station utterly pointless.

Straight questions for the devs:

1: Have You even tried to fix this at all?
    2: Do You think You can fix this at all?
    3: If You can't fix it, have You considered removing missile weapons, as They are defective to the point of being OP as hell?

Just last night, I was abusing the crap out of this. I was attacking a pirate base that had it's turrets partially protected by the station's structure. Normally this would require perfect aim. Instead I just lobed missiles at the area where the turrets were, and let the magical blast radius violate the laws of common sense.

And for the sweet love of small fuzzy puppies, if the white knights show up and start vomiting out "It's alpha!", or "It's a low priority!" I'm gonna lose My shit.

Reactions: aceface
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    aside from the bug, i think missiles should require ammunition to not be so over powered

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    ...i think missiles should require ammunition to not be so over powered
    Point defense should work, 'that' would neuter any overpowerdness of missiles quite nicely. Of course the OP's bug also needs fixing.

Last edited:

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I agree. Nothing pisses me off like someone shooting some dinky missiles at my ship, then me later going in and finding that everything docked inside has been burned to a crisp despite my shields never even being harmed.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Point defense should work, 'that' would neuter any overpowerdness of missiles quite nicely. Of course the OP's bug also needs fixing.
    point defence don't do SH**. I had 14 - 300 mass point defence turrets, and the ai accuracy was set to 200 + i set the difficulty to mean (the hardest). They shot down 10% out of maybe 50 missiles or something. They were just shooting, missing or simply doing nothing. i was also testing against normal missiles that go the server speed limit. I didn't dare test against damage beam missiles.

Last edited:

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    ai accuracy was set to 200 + i set the difficulty to mean (the hardest)
    How does that work? I know mean is suppose to just set the AI accuracy to 1000, but if you put in 200, would it overwrite? Scale?

Also, the only missile that goes at 100% server speed are swarm missiles (well, 99%), Nukes go at 49.5% by default, Rapid fire+default are 198.% and Missile+beam is somewhere around 400%