Will pirates spawn a ton of large ships if I make one enemy usable?

Reaction score
    I've made a large pirate mothership and I was wondering if I made it enemy-usable would the pirates spawn with a metric balls-ton of them like they usually do with regular Isanths?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I imagine that when pirates spawn they randomly pick a blueprint. So if you have enough blueprints to keep the chances of a pirate mother ship spawning low, like 1 in 100 then you shouldn't get spammed by them.

Assuming my assumptions are correct.

Reaction score
    I imagine that when pirates spawn they randomly pick a blueprint. So if you have enough blueprints to keep the chances of a pirate mother ship spawning low, like 1 in 100 then you shouldn't get spammed by them.

Assuming my assumptions are correct.
    Thank you. I hope the devs improve the way pirates work sometime. :)

Reaction score
    In my experience, the number of NPC vessels of a certain type is determined by the cost (or possibly block count or firepower) of the blueprint. I set a cheap, TIE-Fighter inspired ship to be enemy useable, and now they spawn very frequently and almost always in groups of 2 or 3. The trading guild seems to send out the cheapest of its blueprints to patrol the area around shops, but when either the pirates or traders spawn actual combat fleets, they can and will include some larger craft.