Will game be avaible for not-steam?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Thing is i will not change my operating system to just run steam, and without it i can't, so if starmade will require steam i will not play it.

Can you please not make steam mandatory?
    Is there any info on that?

Reaction score
    Apart from that Steam is available for all major operating systems (well there is no version for FreeBSD). I'm relatively sure that you can continue to use a "standalone" version of SM when the Steamversion get's launched.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    No, I don't believe you will be forced to get Steam to play StarMade. StarMade will be available on Steam because StarMade was chosen to be Greenlit. So for those who have Steam, they can access it there, if not, it shouldn't change the experience for others who bought the game without Steam. :)

"Steam Greenlight is a system that enlists the community's help in picking some of the new games to be released on Steam. Developers post information, screenshots, and video for their game and seek a critical mass of community support in order to get selected for distribution." -Google

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I think it was talked about on the old site, and One of the Devs said they will probably still offer a standalone version.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Yes, StarMade will continue to have an independent version from Steam. The steam version is for those that want a steam version not a switch altogether.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thing is i will not change my operating system to just run steam, and without it i can't, so if starmade will require steam i will not play it.

Can you please not make steam mandatory?
    Is there any info on that?
    In the feuter you cna buy it from here(not sure) but you can buy it from steam too.Because is not a Valve game it shouldn't be JUST on steam.

Reaction score
    I thought Steam was available on Windows, Mac and Linux. What OS are you using?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I have a question about Starmade on Steam: When it is released for Steam I will certainly play it on Steam, but will I have to buy it again? Will Steam know I bought Starmade from the website?

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    KSP allowed you to transfer from a standalone launcher to steam without re-purchasing it so I don't see why the same couldn't happen for Starmade.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Steam is causing proplems for windows xp, cant run magicka online for example, there were also some other steam games i cant run.
    Steam is not supporting winxp anymore.