Wierd Sideways Rail Textures

Reaction score
    I have been getting into the rail system of this game and I watched tutorials on carriers and so I grabbed the appropriate rails from the creative inventory and rotated them, but at a certain rotation point, they turn into wierd twisted or sideways versions of the textures. I can't really describe it very well with words, so I have included a picture. I must also say that the blocks are fully functional, they are just harder to work with.

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm not an expert but checking around in the starmade folder I found this.

Somewhere in your starmade is a sub folder "data\textures\block\default\". In there their is 3 separate folders one for each resolution 64, 128 and 256. Go to the one your starmade is set to use and check to see if t001.png and t002.png look okay.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    It's as if the vertex orders are messed up or something... odd.

Have you stumbled upon any hotkeys that force blocks to rotate by chance? There are a few dev tools currently assigned that will give a similar result.

You can delete the file vertexInfo.properties found in the directory StarMade/data/config/
    Then in the launcher click;
    - Options and Repair,
    - Search Currently Installed,
    - Download Normal.

If that does nothing, then we can check if it's hardware dependent.

Reaction score
    I have tried using tab and a button, but I assumed that it was simply switching to a broken texture, but this makes more sence now I think about it. I'll give it a go.
    [doublepost=1471189755,1471188805][/doublepost]Thanks very much! that's fixed it!