Why is stop effect so powerful?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Title says it all.

600 mass fighters or tiny turrets with only 200 dps shouldn't be able to stop a 700k mass titan with a 2:1 thrust to mass ratio(slightly modified config) dead on it's tracks.

The amount a ship can kill "thrust" should depend on damage and stop effect porcentage, so a ship with 10k dps and 50% stop effect should only be able to stop around 15k thrust(instead of 5k to make it useful against fighters)

Of course this should be able to be modified too.

Reactions: Keptick

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    It was supposed to be fixed one or two updates ago but the problem is still VERY apparent.

I also very much agree with you! I'd also add that the defensive stop effect should also negate the offensive stuck effect. Ever got frozen by indestructible enemy home base turrets? Yea, it sucks.

Last edited:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    600 mass fighters or tiny turrets with only 200 dps shouldn't be able to stop a 700k mass titan with a 2:1 thrust to mass ratio(slightly modified config) dead on it's tracks.
    200 dps ^ (1 / 0.85) = thrust from 509 thrusters ((check : 509 ^ (0.85) = 200 ))
    400 dps ^ (1 / 0.85) = thrust from 1150 thrusters
    800 dps ^ (1 / 0.85) = thrust from 2600 thrusters ((800 = 200 * 5.1 ;) ))

I think a 700k mass titan with 7kk blocks should have >800 thrusters - I must agree

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    lol invulnerable stop turrets. Need to add those to my base :p

Reaction score
    Wait... never tried the stop effect (just try when you're well darn alone with AIs... that's hard), but if it's so powerful...

Oh dear. I've been missing on so much "OMGWTFBBQ CAN'T MOVE OH NOOOOOOES" then...

Considering the numbers, totally agreeing.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    It was supposed to be fixed one or two updates ago but the problem is still VERY apparent.

I also very much agree with you! I'd also add that the defensive stop effect should also negate the offensive stuck effect. Ever got frozen by indestructible enemy home base turrets? Yea, it sucks.
    The stop effect is supposed to cancel out gravity.
    The explosive effect (defensive) is the one that cancels out movement effects.
    Why does nobody know this :(

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The stop effect is supposed to cancel out gravity.
    The explosive effect (defensive) is the one that cancels out movement effects.
    Why does nobody know this :(
    Why didn't i know

Explosive defense should give you... Explosive effect defense!
    And stop effect defense should cancel out stop dmg by 50% max(and fix the problem on the 1st post too)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    @Unnamed25 , lets pretend for a moment that this is a completely logical game. How on earth would you suppose that a module cancels out the explosive effect? I can't think of a way, nor do I know why you'd want someone to be able to cancel out the explosive effect, as it would make missiles even more useless (as it would reduce the radius of things). I like the way it is, because otherwise the explosive effect has no defensive use.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    @Unnamed25 , lets pretend for a moment that this is a completely logical game. How on earth would you suppose that a module cancels out the explosive effect? I can't think of a way, nor do I know why you'd want someone to be able to cancel out the explosive effect, as it would make missiles even more useless (as it would reduce the radius of things). I like the way it is, because otherwise the explosive effect has no defensive use.
    Of course there could be a defense limit that isn't 100% like on ion.

And i was thinking it should cancel out the effect if the missile/cannon/beam/whatever has an explosive effect so it only looses the bonus explosive radius.

Reaction score
    Or maybe if chain-reaction explosions were implemented, the explosive effect could be used to stop them. That could be done fairly simply with blast doors in a realistic situation.

Reactions: Unnamed25

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Agreed. Stop is way too powerful.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Of course there could be a defense limit that isn't 100% like on ion.

And i was thinking it should cancel out the effect if the missile/cannon/beam/whatever has an explosive effect so it only looses the bonus explosive radius.
    They were thinking of adding another value to blocks (forgot the name) that would essentially cause less damage from explosions to be passed on to the next block. Maybe the explosive effect could increase that value?

The stop effect sucks because it doesnt cancel out gravity
    It is bugged, and for some reason they haven't been able to fix it yet. Previously it acted the same as overdrive, now it acts the same as the explosive effects (cancels out movement weapons). Maybe it hated itself too much?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The way I see it, Stop Effect is so powerful so that people will actually use it... Otherwise everyone's just going to use punch, ion, (rarely) EMP, or overdrive, and this will be a very boring world.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    The way I see it, Stop Effect is so powerful so that people will actually use it... Otherwise everyone's just going to use punch, ion, (rarely) EMP, or overdrive, and this will be a very boring world.
    It's currently so powerful that it's unbalanced, though. You can easily lock someone in place with a weak cannon and then annihilate them with pulse missiles.

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    For one thing they tweaked the values regarding defensive effects. In what ever version I currently am using you get a 4000:1 ratio for the stop protection and it's the only other protection that still gives you 100%