Why have the council stopped processing suggestions?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    All suggestions of last months lack tags, what happened? It's the most useful function the council had and suddenly nothing! :(

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    tl;dr: because there's no council at this point to read suggestions

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Alright this explains absolutely everything! Time to patiently wait, since I'm optimistic Schine is making things better, as always :P

Reactions: MacThule

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Your Optimism shall be your downfall!
    People need to quit being so damn critical of Schine and their team-members. They have a tiny development crew. They consistently push out updates. They have people that actually interface and regularly talk to the public. They even held elections to help interface better with the public and give the ability of people in the community to contribute in some way. These people are not our game-creator slaves. They are working on a game that we happen to enjoy. Unless you think you can do better, cut it out. Are you a programmer? Are you creating new content for the game? No? Then cut it out. Play the game, don't play the game, whatever. The game is still being developed. Things will get done when they get done. Check back here and there to see what new things are. Or if you want, contribute. But don't act like the Schine developers are supposed to ask you "how high" when you tell them to jump.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Benevolent27, you hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately, there will always be a slew of entitled cry babies who grew up having everything they want instantly accessible at all times and that cant seem to look at the big picture and appreciate how these type of things actuality come into existence. I am honestly blown away by how far such a small team has come since I first started playing this game and constantly amazed at how well this site is organized and how information is gathered and disseminated. While it sucks having to wait for features that could really bring this game to the next level, its comforting knowing that this game is even being worked on at all. Sure it has taken a long time to get here but that's how it goes when you are learning as you are going. If you don't like the pace of development or the fact that the game is made in Java and you think you can do better, stop playing games right now, stop posting unhelpful complaints on the forum for this game and start working on your own game in whatever language YOUR superior ass is proficient in. Otherwise enjoy what Shine was awesome enough to WORK into existence for the rest of us.

Shine, thanks for your hard work. Peace out.

*drops mic

Reactions: Benevolent27
    Reaction score
    Benevolent27, you hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately, there will always be a slew of entitled cry babies who grew up having everything they want instantly accessible at all times and that cant seem to look at the big picture and appreciate how these type of things actuality come into existence. I am honestly blown away by how far such a small team has come since I first started playing this game and constantly amazed at how well this site is organized and how information is gathered and disseminated. While it sucks having to wait for features that could really bring this game to the next level, its comforting knowing that this game is even being worked on at all. Sure it has taken a long time to get here but that's how it goes when you are learning as you are going. If you don't like the pace of development or the fact that the game is made in Java and you think you can do better, stop playing games right now, stop posting unhelpful complaints on the forum for this game and start working on your own game in whatever language YOUR superior ass is proficient in. Otherwise enjoy what Shine was awesome enough to WORK into existence for the rest of us.

Shine, thanks for your hard work. Peace out.

*drops mic
    Just to be clear, you weren't aiming that last bit at Benevolent27, right? Lol

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    People need to quit being so damn critical of Schine and their team-members. They have a tiny development crew. They consistently push out updates. They have people that actually interface and regularly talk to the public. They even held elections to help interface better with the public and give the ability of people in the community to contribute in some way. These people are not our game-creator slaves. They are working on a game that we happen to enjoy. Unless you think you can do better, cut it out. Are you a programmer? Are you creating new content for the game? No? Then cut it out. Play the game, don't play the game, whatever. The game is still being developed. Things will get done when they get done. Check back here and there to see what new things are. Or if you want, contribute. But don't act like the Schine developers are supposed to ask you "how high" when you tell them to jump.
    Dude, I think he was joking...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Nah, the post wasn't in response to anything in particular. My panties were wadding up and I felt the need to bitch about all the bitching I constantly see in game and on the forum. Hypocritical? Yes, but the post was cathartic on my part. Please excuse my moment of rage but I felt I needed to say it for some reason.

Reactions: Calhoun

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Dude, I think he was joking...
    If it was a joke, it was a snide one. Though I would agree my response was perhaps a bit more extreme than it should have been. I'm just tired of people acting like they are justified in speaking to the developers with a lack of respect.

Last edited:

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    No, Benevolent27, it was as simple as that, a joke. A missquote of Star Wars. Don't be so quick to bite peoples heads off.

Spoolooni

Token Chinese
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    If it was a joke, it was a snide one. Though I would agree my response was perhaps a bit more extreme than it should have been. I'm just tired of people acting like they are justified in speaking to the developers with a lack of respect.
    I don't think he was attacking any of the developers, I think he was merely jabbing away at the notion of optimism itself in which I am inclined to agree when it comes to getting into a right mentality to stay in a community of an early access game. Also I am sure you do not become a game developer for respect, you become a game developer because you love creating video games. In that case, you are supposed to be weary about what your consumer base really wants and then work with or against their interests. People need to be more critical about Schine, but they need to do so constructively.

Last edited: