Why has my Huge death launcher turned into a pea shooter?

Reaction score
    Hi, on my ship i have a large sd-bb rocket launcher that used to be able blow holes right through planets and take out asteroids in one shot, now for some reason, i'm lucky if it breaks more than around 5 blocks. I figured this must have happened after a recent update when the missile damage etc. was changed. I've tried rebuilding the rocket launcher and fiddling with sd-bb missile computer to change radius and stuff but it doesnt seem to have any effect. Could someone please tell me what's going on? Am i building it wrong?

Thanks! :D

(P.S. i have a picture, but i cant find out how to post it :P If i don't find out could someone tell me?)

Reaction score
    Seems http://imgur.com/ is popular for sharing even folders of images. I\'d recommend DropBox but it can\'t directly display images on forums, just links to them.

Are you sure that all of the missiles are attached (with shift+V) to the missile computer?

Reaction score
    yes, i\'m sure, i rebuilt it to check. everything is highlighted in purple. by fiddling i can now make a small crater with about 3 blocks radius but that\'s still nothing like what it used to be, the canon itself is about 50+ long or so then 3 by 3 at the end. I wondered if i had to build it higher/wider for radius or something.

Reaction score
    with the screenshot i was kinda looking for an upload button in the comment thing, here it is.

Reaction score
    Missile damage was reduced by a lot. It was previously very broken

Reaction score
    You mean that missile RADIUS was decreased, the damage didn\'t change all that much.

Reaction score
    Sorry about the huge image, i don\'t see how the damage and radius could have been nerfed that much though, the fact that the missile goes slowly aswell and the reload is huge makes me think that the missile launcher is just not working seeing as otherwise the missile would be fast and quick to reload.

Reaction score
    The values stayed the same, how the damage is dealt was modified. missile damage now is reduced the more blocks it passes through

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    What he means is that layers of blocks actually serve as protection now. No more perfect spherical holes in ships.

Reaction score
    when firing at asteroids, the rock will provide no protection though, it still leaves a spherical hole. how did my gun go from taking one shot to destroy an asteroid go to about 40 shots?

Reaction score
    We\'ve already gone over this... instead of it doing full damage to everything in the sphere, it now does less damage the more blocks it \"hits\" while it expands the sphere to the full radius...

So if the damage is absorbed by the first 3 layers of rock, it will still produce a sphere shape 3 layers deep, but then all the damage has been delt so it won\'t damage any more rocks. Before, it would do \"full\" (there has always been a slight decrease as it expanded to the full radius) damage to every block in the sphere.

Reaction score
    uh... right, so how can i increase my blast radius to what it was. do missiles just refuse to go bigger than a radius of 3 now?

Reaction score
    they make bigger holes if you build bigger systems, but even wirh my over 4000block missile system the crater is just about 15 blocks in diameter. It´s quite annoying, missiles are pretty useless now(especially big ones).