Why did I get banned from the chat?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    10 minutes ago (1:13 (GMT+1)) I got banned from the chat after telling a user who literally told me "shut the fuck up" to show more respect.

At any point I never stopped respecting the rules of the chatroom, even though I had 4 people shout at me because I consider star made to be in the same group of games as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_space_flight_simulator_games

I also got repeatedly threatened for a typo I corrected 2 seconds after posting it and I repeatedly said I corrected.

You are free to check the logs to proof my intentions.

Reaction score
    \"Threatened\" are you?

We never threatened you, and you got banned for five mins for causing trouble.

Reaction score
    I have nothing against you. I really don\'t care who won or lost: it will be forgotten in a matter of hours. But the thing is, the rest of chat wanted you to drop it, since we had all moved along, except for you.

WarSong, a moderator I actually have a lot of negative beef with, banned you for that. I\'m sorry you had to get banned, but it\'s not a long one. Honestly, I would really like to see you become a fun part of the community, like we all did when we joined. But no-one likes someone who doesn\'t drop arguments.

Have a great day.

MrNature72

Lazarus Empire, Emperor of the Lazarus

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You got banned because you were stirring up trouble, when other people were tired of the conversation and telling you to drop it (when freaking *MrNature*, who has gotten banned in the past for this exact reason, tells you to stop, you\'ve gone too far).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I was just defending my oppinion when being called wrong, I never caused trouble.

I would like a proof of it, since banning is a big thing and I don\'t think it\'s usually given to people having a discussion in an orderly and respectful manner.

When I got proofed wrong I ACCEPTED MY DEFEAT and said that if I someone answered a logic and good argument, I was happy to take back what I said.

But two users still kept jumping on it and I told them to stop talking about something that already passed.

After that (and after being called to shut the fuck up) I got banned.

This ban is, if something, the perfect example of how when you follow the rules and are insulted you end up losing.

Pholopalus

あなたは笑う、あなたは失う
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You\'ve been unbanned. In the future, when you\'ve been asked to drop a topic which is clearly causing nothing but grief, drop it. It\'s that simple.

Enjoy your stay in chat.

Reaction score
    I\'m StarMade\'s equivalent of the \"fight the power\" and have been in conflict with the mods before.

But never have I met someone with such a redundant stubborness as you.

Which is saying something.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If I am so stubborn, then why did I admit defeat?

I don\'t think asking someone to proof their point is a bannable offense.

I asked for it and had solid reasons to believe it, I had no reason to admit being wrong (at that stage of the discussion).

For example, saying that we will never be able to agree would\'ve been a possible outcome. But I was never offered that, I was always told of being wrong and a retard. What really causes trouble here is not to take someones arguments seriously and just telling him to shut up.

And, as people who were actually reading the chat are aware of, I admitted my defeat when I got presented a solid argument (which is a quote with traceable sources: thing only I had gaven until that point).

I really think I shouldn\'t be treated as a trouble starter.

Stubborn? Yes, I admit that.

Intentions of causing trouble? If I had really wanted that, I wouldn\'t have tried to analyze and answer to your arguments (and I genuinely did as best as I could).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Krosulhah, I believe talking with respect gives me the right to have a discussion. If everyone acted with the same respect as me and the admin who banned me actually read the whole chat (and not just 30% of it) before deciding such a thing this wouldn\'t have happened.

Unlike posting pictures like these which take the whole screen of the chat (over 7 pictures, some of them repeated), calling me a retard and telling me to shut the fuck up. If saying that I believe something is true and being called wrong and insulted is causing trouble, then I\'m living in a surrealistic world.

Krosul, you\'re lucky there are no logs, because if there were, you would be proven wrong on so many levels.

Reaction score
    you got banned for being ugly and unlikable. i would suggest changing your name and not showing anyone your face if you want to be allowed to socialize with people.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I don\'t know who you are.

But as long as those who dislike me for thinking that I can have a respectful discussion about a subject show their maturity (not using arguments, saying that being ugly is a reason not to socialize), like you just did, I get the feeling of justice being served. At the end of the day everything shows its true nature.