Why are trigger areas destructible?

Reaction score
    Why are trigger areas destructible when disabled/opened force fields and doors aren't? If I shoot where there's an opened door the shot goes through the door and doesn't damage it. Yet I can shoot and destroy INVISIBLE and WALK THROUGH-ABLE blocks that are really only meant to be a technical block to define the area for a area controller. This needs to be fixed.

Guess my activate on impact push-pulse drones aren't going to be possible...

Reactions: Ixalite
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I agree, there should also be a setting in the block config for "Transparent to weapons fire" instead of just the "physical y/n"

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    They are destructible because they make nice invisible shield extenders. Ever wanted bubble shields? surround your ship with trigger areas.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I like my trigger areas to cover doors so that you can't open them manually. It works, at least when there are shields left on the entity so you don't have to rely on blast door armor.

Reaction score
    They are destructible because they make nice invisible shield extenders. Ever wanted bubble shields? surround your ship with trigger areas.
    What I meant is that objects, players, and projectiles (including lasers, missiles, cannon shots...) should just pass through trigger areas instead of damaging them just like how it currently works with opened doors and force shields. That and if you really wanted shield extenders, just use force fields to cover your ship, as they provide an armor bonus at least.

I like my trigger areas to cover doors so that you can't open them manually. It works, at least when there are shields left on the entity so you don't have to rely on blast door armor.
    Placing area triggers directly in front of doors does prevent them from being opened from a distance, but if you walk right against the door and activate it it will still open.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Why not use a faction module?

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    kiddan I want my doors entirely logic operated, which means faction members shouldn't open them manually either. That way, it can all be computer controlled (exclusively).

Seato39 well damn xD