Why are shields still broken

Reaction score
    Before I begin this, I must say that this game has come pretty far from the start and that the devs have done an amazing job.

However, since one of the later updates, the shields have become unbreakable according to the effect [still take damage after they are depleted, although it doesnt show]

I know this has been posted before; however after a brief look at the bugs in the bug log; it was only labelled as a normal bug [It is practically game-breaking]

Despite this, this [along with the d100 shotgun [beam + d100] not working] this is the only bug i really experience, aside from the odd crash.

Continue the good work devs!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Yeah I've experienced doing Null damage to a carrier sized ship before, I believe the reason was because it's regen surpassed the damage output if my lasers. I feel that this shouldnt happen as it support gigantisum.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Placing the Shield Regen blocks in game was another big mistake made, IMHO. Now titans are even more unbreakable, since their only setback was the lower recharge (and lag). Now they can tank every single bullet, except it's from another bigzord giant mega titan firing, which makes building other ships pointless.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Not quite, if they sacrifice a lot of capacity in order to get regen then they become extremely vulnerable to siege weapons. A much smaller ship equipped with a large siege weapon could in effect crack their regen and quite possibly their shields as well. Now get two of those smaller siege ships and that titan is gone. It's also pretty hard to miss a target as big as a titan even with siege weapons.

Also remember that regen takes a boatload of power, a massive ship going all out on regen would have to sacrifice a lot on other systems like weapons or thrust. Basically making it a minor threat.

Reactions: jorgekorke

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    You are right about the power input, but didn't Siege-kind weaponry have the lowest rate of fire ? Hm.... I can't figure how that equation would work...

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    - Checked Status on this bug (Bug #552 - Shields in new version are impenetrable) -

I checked the tracker, after reading your post (thinking either it changed since you saw it, or that there were more urgent things being worked on above it) That bug is listed as "high" priority, not normal (though it's possible the one who entered it originally set it as normal and then when others saw it, it was changed to high), and you also see a person asking/wondering if it can be moved to a higher priority still. This bug is currently open (in the que) and thus being worked on. You can always help to sort out bugs like this, sending in reports, making a post in game support, or a post at all, is helpful (that way a tester can try to get that issue confirmed, and entered into the bug-tracker). If you make an account on the tracker, you can enter it yourself to be reviewed and tested - this is probably the quickest and most sure-fire way for you to see a bug fixed as soon as possible.
    Time is spent making sure the bug is reproducible for people on different computer systems, and sending in your experience and logs can help a lot with this phase. After it's confirmed that we can reproduce it, we can send it along in the que to be fixed by Schema. Making a post is again, more helpful than saying nothing. So thank you! But I don't want people to forget that they have different options available to helping a bug get fixed. If there is a bug, we have people working hard to make sure it is fixed. The more people working to help this process and the more information we have, the faster we can get this bug squashed! (faster than if we're struggling to reproduce it that is, a bug can't be fixed if no one can seem to reproduce it)

So again, thank you for bringing this up, it has been confirmed to be reproducible and is being worked on, hopefully this bug can be resolved in a timely manner, and everyone can go back to destroying each other's ships to their heart's content. :)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    You are right about the power input, but didn't Siege-kind weaponry have the lowest rate of fire ? Hm.... I can't figure how that equation would work...
    They actually have the same damage per second as normal weapons but they deal all the damage that would be dealt during the duration of the reload in a single shot. That means that they can pretty much crack the regen of anything! I made a 200 meter long ship that had siege weapons dealing about 90 million damage in a single shot. I don't know of many vessels that wouldn't have their shields instantly cracked, especially if their focus is on regen. This would take the shields down for a couple of seconds and allow other ships, or a secondary weapon, to damage the Titan.

It's all about tactics :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    the bug makes hull amour useless weapons do the same amount of damage on shields and hull

Reaction score
    Also remember that regen takes a boatload of power, a massive ship going all out on regen would have to sacrifice a lot on other systems like weapons or thrust. Basically making it a minor threat.
    Actually, only thrust. Turrets will(if designed well) have their own power because of the 1mil soft-cap, and large ships turn very slow. I wonder if you can still make docked power-gens with logic. I think you can.

Reaction score
    Actually, only thrust. Turrets will(if designed well) have their own power because of the 1mil soft-cap, and large ships turn very slow. I wonder if you can still make docked power-gens with logic. I think you can.
    Logic Blocks + Power Supply Beams on the Docked. The ship can no longer target it's own Docked with Power Drain, but the Docked can hit the main ship with Power Supply Beam.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Logic Blocks + Power Supply Beams on the Docked. The ship can no longer target it's own Docked with Power Drain, but the Docked can hit the main ship with Power Supply Beam.
    Yep, a massive pain in the ass to activate, though...