Who is JKVocalist?

JKVocalist

Reaction score
    Hey guys! I know there has been a lot of mixed feelings on having new moderators. I also realize that I am not a well known member. But I wanted to clear up any confusion as well as answer any general questions that any of you guys may have. Here is a little bit about me to answer any basic general questions.

In Game Questions

I have been a moderator for 6-8+ years (if you count basic helper status as moderation experience, then it is closer to 9)

I have helped run several TeamSpeak, Discord and game servers.

My favorite game besides StarMade is probably DireWolf20 which is a modded version of Minecraft.

I am currently co-owner of a server along with Stike7g5.

IRL Questions

My name is Jenny Kate and I am a dairy manager at Kroger (grocery/retail store in the United States)

I am a firm but fair person

I am diagnosed ADHD.. which in other words means I am awesome!!! ;)

Note: Though I have ADHD, I mean what I say. If you try to twist my words, I will merely refer you back to my exact statement and explain what I meant. I am straight forward and don't believe in sugar coating anything. I also do not use crude language.​

I am a 21 year old female. (And I don't deal with any drama related to this)

I am a major geek as well as an old soul. I love Doctor Who, MacGyver, Walker Texas Ranger and Star Wars (though I am neutral when it comes to the Star Wars/Trek discussions)

If you have any questions beyond this basic trivia about me, please feel free to ask.

I can be an open book and love to laugh while having a good time. . I do have a few major rules though:

1. Please no negativity. Remember that I am a human being too. Even if you don't like me, which to be fair..please get to know me first before judging. please try to treat me with the same respect that you would want to be shown to either yourself or a loved one.

Note: If you disagree with me on something, please pm me about it. People are more likely to listen to your point of view if you talk about something in a calm manner rather than with an attacking or crude tone.

2. No sexual comments. My thoughts are that if you are not in a romantic relationship with me, then that is just plain inappropriate and I don't want to hear/see it. (And let's be honest here.. there are some comments that should never see the light of day regardless..)

3. Don't spread rumors or drama. Reporting something that is crucial and tattling are two completely different things. If you see someone is harassing someone else, don't be a bystander.. say something! A good community stands on having each other's back. Tattling is trying to get someone in trouble on purpose with no just cause.

In short, just be a decent person that people want to befriend and game with.

Don't be "that guy" that everyone rolls their eyes at knowing that you are going to cause drama. Everyone has had someone like that in their life and doesn't want to deal with them. Gaming is supposed to be fun and depending on the situation can be friendly competition.

I look forward to hearing any questions or comments you may have. Thanks for reading my rant. ;)

G

GDPR 302420

Well I guess welcomes are in order, hopefully you do a better job then alterintel lmao.

As a welcome present, I offer you a shitpost from my imgur album of many shitposts.

Reactions: yoyo2901

JKVocalist

Reaction score
    Thank you for your reply and welcome RedAlert_007. I will certainly try my best to help this forum in any way I can. As for your present, you are right. There are a lot of posts out there that are completely unneeded. But I have found that sometimes explaining to people why their post was unneeded can help. It doesn't always, but that is the first step.. knowing whether or not it was an innocent mistake or not. A hearty thanks to you as well jontyfreack. That was a creative present. Is the pun supposed to be a c pipe? Or an I C as in I see? Or am I completely missing the point?

JKVocalist

Reaction score
    originally it wasn't a pun, but I can C it is one now.
    Haha. I love puns. As I said I work in retail and a big part of my job besides managing my team is keeping the customers happy. Working around cheese, cultures (sour cream, cottage cheese etc) milk, yogurt and anything else dairy.. I have used a lot of puns to make an angry customer walk away smiling. For example, if I am out of any type of cheese, I will remark something along the lines of " I will make sure it gets ordered.. don't you think that's a gouda idea?" I will then give a couple obvious winks and a playful nudge.. If the customer is still upset, I respond with a "what... was that too cheesy?" in a very monotone yet confused voice and blank expression. LOL. This is just one example I have in my arsenal.

JKVocalist

Reaction score
    brie liant
    Haha.. Can I add that? I so want to add that!! I love it! Curd you give me some more material some time?
    [doublepost=1513894166,1513894001][/doublepost]
    I feel like this community tries to make me feel old.

That's problematic because I call my friends salamigots on a daily basis.
    Hi Cyber. Sorry if I made you feel old. I am used to being the baby usually. lol. Whether it is in my family or being the youngest manager at work. And exactly what is a salamigot??

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Haha.. Can I add that? I so want to add that!! I love it! Curd you give me some more material some time?
    yes.

The rest of my puns are mostly music related so don't expect too much.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Hi Cyber. Sorry if I made you feel old. I am used to being the baby usually. lol. Whether it is in my family or being the youngest manager at work. And exactly what is a salamigot??
    aaahhh... Ask Crusade.

JKVocalist

Reaction score
    yes.

The rest of my puns are mostly music related so don't expect too much.
    Lol. Fair enough. lol. Sadly Deli is the department that has all the fancy cheese so I won't get to use that as often. But it was still great for the laugh! <3
    [doublepost=1513894434,1513894368][/doublepost]
    aaahhh... Ask Crusade.
    Okay then.. will do!

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Fake news, there are no girls on the internet

JKVocalist

Reaction score
    Fake news, there are no girls on the internet
    One, hello Calhoun. Two, I feel as thought the words "Fake news" has been overused. With all the memes out there that have tagged it.. it's lost it's humor in my opinion. But, I am so glad it is true. Seeing as how I met my boyfriend (just had our 4 yr. anniversary) due to gaming.. I am so glad that I was on the internet. I can't imagine my life without him. ;)

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You have been moderating for almost half your life. That's a superior way to fit the job requirements. Welcome.

JKVocalist

Reaction score
    Thanks Red... Thanks a whole bunch. Love the support. ;)
    T
    You have been moderating for almost half your life. That's a superior way to fit the job requirements. Welcome.

Thanks Jay. I was at first just a regular player on a couple servers, but when they saw how I responded to drama.. they got me in as a basic helper.. probably around age 10-11. :)
    [doublepost=1513899172,1513899078][/doublepost]
    Is only shitpost pls no get mad :u
    You would have to do quite a bit to get me mad Red. (on that note..please don't try..lol)