White Hull Gathering

Reaction score
    i'm planning on using quite a few white hulls for a carrier i had in mind (about 20,000-50,000ish)

trouble is, none of the pirate or abandoned space stations has these hulls, lest in small amounts.

for this amount of hulls, i'd have to visit a LOT of shops, which i would rather spend the time building it.
    also while some multiplayer shops house a lot of hulls on occasion, the multiplayer isn't reliable enough to build a ship without the server crashing and all of the player's ships data being deleted. and saving ships locally is very fussy already.

is there anywhere out there in singleplayer with large amounts of white hull specifcally?

Reaction score
    Get a Particle Press and buy a bunch of white paint. Make a tiny spacestation and stick the Press on it. Put in all the paint, and all your grey hulls in, and it will paint your grey hulls white. One paint can also make 5 colored hulls too. Alternativly, you could make a ship composed of nothing but white hulls, save it, and spam it all over the place to get them.

Reaction score
    i tried painting shortly after posting this thread.

no doubt it works, just not fast enough.

i calculated an approximate block count for the dimentions of my ship\'s exterior skeleton and well..

my total block count comes to around 3,000,000. that\'s inculding the other systems as well as white hulls.

in the end i opted for grey, because as you can see, it was quicker hahaha

If you\'re interested in what i\'m constructing then drop me a message and i can give you screenshots :)

(3,000,000 block ship. thats insane.)