Where do I spawn when I exit the ship core?

Reaction score
    I can't make heads or tails of it. In one ship, my character spawns in front of the core. In another, he spawns on top of it. In the third, he turns up UNDER the core (and proceeds to fall into the void).
    Is there some way to force the character to always spawn behind the core when he exits it?

Reaction score
    yes i was wondering about this as well, as i normally like to surround my core with a layer or two of hardened hull and leave a little 1x2 space for me to get into to reach it. and when ever i exit my core i randomly end up either in my ship near the core, or out side. which can be annoying because i fall due to gravity, and have to find my way back into my ship again. i never seem to spawn in the little 1x2 hole i make for it, which is what i was originally expecting. this can get me killed in a tight situation, but mostly its just annoying and inconsistent.

maybe the astronaut entity should simply become invisible when entering a core instead of disappear and respawning everytime you enter/exit a core.

Reaction score
    I built a 5x5 protrusion in front of the core to see if I would still spawn in front of it upon exiting.
    I didn't.
    Instead, I spawned on the roof. :-(
    It seems as if the game is trying its best to prevent me from spawning where I want.

Reaction score
    I suggest leaving at least a 3*3*2 clear area, with the core centered, in the direction that you want to spawn.
    Like so.
    WC W
    F F F

W
    C
    W
    F F F

Where C is the core, W is the wall it's set in, and F is the floor.
    Edit: Also it helps to auto align your ship before you get out. Since astronauts are always at the same orientation the ship being at an angle can make tight spaces difficult for collision detection.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I notice you spawn typically in the nearest, most open spot to the core. I made a hallway with a core "room" in my latest ship but would frequently spawn on the far side of the core from where intended until I filled in the area opposite the wall, which then caused me to spawn past the wall on the far side on occasion, especially when logging in after logging out inside the ship, which in turn got filled in as well. The best way to control the spawn point is to have a core room as stated by Voldrath and include a block buffer around that room to ensure the best nearby spawn area the game finds is there.