Where are the other missiles?

Reaction score
    Hey guys, I recently decided to give this game a whirl, so far i like it, I like the aspect of creating my own ship in my image and just exploring the galaxy. However, i did notice after sometime of exploring the galaxy it gets a tad repetitive with no real need for mining at all hardly due to the fact i can sell glass for fortunes lol hopefully that gets adjusted soon. I like alot of things about this game, was wondering if maybe some small auto turrets are in the works for the future, the big ones cluster up my lil ship lol ill have to post a pic of my first ship on here.

Now to get to my question, I was reading up on missiles, trying to figure out a few things. I can't seem to hit anything at all with those things, the odd time if they are stopped or directly in front of me in which even then i sometimes miss lol. I read that there are a second type of missiles that are heat seeking... SD something or other...i cant seem to find them anywhere in the galaxy.. are they disabled? how do i get those? seems the pirates have heat seekers and i would like them as well lol.

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    They are removed, yes.
    Link Missiles + Missiles to make heat-seeking swarms.
    Link Beams + Missiles for Lockon missiles.

Reaction score
    Awesome thanks for the reply guys, to the poster who suggested linking Missiles to Beams and what not, how exactly do i go about that? sorry for the stupid question ... trying to learn :)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Awesome thanks for the reply guys, to the poster who suggested linking Missiles to Beams and what not, how exactly do i go about that? sorry for the stupid question ... trying to learn :)
    It's all good. We all have to start somewhere, right?

Just select the missile computer by hovering over it with your mouse and pressing C (select button) and link it to the beam computer with V (link button). You can also open the weapon tab and drag the beam computer into the missile's slave slot.

Edit: whoops :P

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    It's all good. We all have to start somewhere, right?

Just select the missile computer by hovering over it with your mouse and pressing V (select button) and link it to the beam computer with C (link button). You can also open the weapon tab and drag the beam computer into the missile's slave slot.
    Other way around. Select with C and link with V

Reaction score
    Bear in mind this process:

Step One: Place missile computer, then place ten (example number) missile tubes linked to that computer.

Step Two: Place second missile computer. Go to the first missile computer, hover over it, press C. Go to second missile computer, hover over it, press V. You have now linked your computers by slaving the second to the first.

Step Three: Place ten (Matching original example number 1:1) missile tubes linked to the slave computer, because just placing a second computer slaved to the first does nothing. You'll have to have an equal amount of blocks on the slave computer as the master in order to achieve 100% of the effect. This is true in all cases including effect computers and modules like explosive, piercing, punch through, etc.

Another way to look at it is with Cannons. Cannon Computer 1 has 25 Cannon barrels linked to it. If I want it to have a 100% Rapid Cannon setup, I'll need to link it with another Cannon Computer that ALSO has 25 Cannon barrels linked to it. Otherwise, you are achieving less than 100% of the Rapid Cannon setup and only increasing your rate of fire marginally. You can play with these ratios, but 1:1 is the easiest to start out with. Another thing to keep in mind is that the slave computer and modules don't actually fire anything, and can be placed anywhere on your ship. The point of origin from the weapon's projectile, beam, or missile will not ever come from any block in the Slave system It can only originate from the Master. I hope this helped you get started with Master and Slave weapon systems.

PS: Tracking long range missiles can be made by linking a missile computer to a beam computers, with the same number of modules on each computer (Missile modules for missile computer, and Beam modules for beam computer). That weapon system will now fire with a 2000 unit range and lock on to a target if you hold your reticle over it long enough. These long range missiles also travel at a much higher speed than their shorter range cousins that can only reach 1000 units in range.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Awesome guys thanks a heap load for all that info :) good to see the noobs arent tossed to the wolves so to speak lol thanks again cant wait to put this into practice.