when will the NPC update be...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    im waiting to finish a ship im building because this part of the ship is all crew areas (beds and stuff)

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Not for a few months yet. It'll have pieces added over that time but because of the complexity of the system it's not a simple "implement it all in two weeks" situation unfortunately.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not for a few months yet. It'll have pieces added over that time but because of the complexity of the system it's not a simple "implement it all in two weeks" situation unfortunately.
    dang..well what will be in the next update?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Stuff for Fleets depending on how smooth their implementation has gone within the past fortnight.
    alright..thanks for awnsering my questins! eveygame i have played and been in alpha/beta for you guys are the best devs

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen

Aww thanks :) we try to answer where we can.
    how will Fleet controls be like in the long run? just on your screen seeing the ships in field of view?

Or have a new block where it shows the 3D sector your in and all the ships that is your faction and other ships? (scanner can show all the ships asteroids ect)

it could be in like a command ship!

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    hmm I'm guessing for a ship to be part of a fleet it'll need both an AI Module and a Faction Module. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    hmm I'm guessing for a ship to be part of a fleet it'll need both an AI Module and a Faction Module. :)
    AND.... maybe a "Fleet Module". No idea what it might do, or if it will exist. but it sounds good!

Reaction score
    I doubt there'll be a specific "fleet" module, since they've said the plan is for NPCs to be able to operate ships. That's a further update though I think. Really excited here, been waiting for this update since NPCs were first added.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Bench what would be great it's, when the system will be clearly defined and it's implementation half way, to make a thread to explain the crew quarter system and how you have to build ships interior to comply with the system.

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    The announcement videos have explained how new mechanics work since they've started doing them, and Schema's posts always contain the same information, so it's a given. I don't think it will be outlined for players until release though.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    The announcement videos have explained how new mechanics work since they've started doing them, and Schema's posts always contain the same information, so it's a given. I don't think it will be outlined for players until release though.
    link please for announcement videos?

Reaction score
    StarMade

They're all on Starmades official youtube. You can also find the write ups in the "Game News" section of this forum.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I am curious what the most complex part is they are currently working on …
    … Functionality, Implementation, Balance or UI (how you manage it all).

Functionality is pathfinder and AI-scripting. If you have "word-symbols" as hooks you can attach to blocks (logic, beds).
    Implementation is optimisation and adddddding those hooks. (yes, many D's in adding).