When will the collision detection system be fixed?

Reaction score
    I mean everyone knows how shitty this system is, it kills servers and is overall very painful and annoying for server admins and owners and the entire server population as well. Will it be fixed, if so when?

I understand how the system works, and i know it is a very very good system for detecting collisions, but it uses too many resources.

Reaction score
    Isn't it coming in the next update? Along with some other fizzikz stuff?

therimmer96 lmao I have no idea why this made me laugh

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I think blocks break up into pieces when they get destroyed, i'm not sure but that's what it seems like.

Reaction score
    Why dont they fix it before adding glitter? Oh wait this is starmade, that would make too much sense.

Reactions: Comr4de
    Reaction score
    Why dont they fix it before adding glitter? Oh wait this is starmade, that would make too much sense.
    Mate, 90% of the effort put into this game goes to bugfixes. Glitter is added, then we test it for bugs. Then the bugs are fixes

Look at SE, shiny game with bugs out the ass end.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Mate, 90% of the effort put into this game goes to bugfixes. Glitter is added, then we test it for bugs. Then the bugs are fixes

Their bugs are nowhere near as glaring as some of the bugs present right now.

Edit: I forgot to mention that a good number of bugs that are present in game have been "rejected" by the tester staff. I've been launching the game manually from fucking terminal for the past two months because I didn't have enough proof that the launcher wasn't working, so I gave up trying to work with them.

Last edited:

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Bug fixes are for Fixing Bugs. I was under the assumption that the Physics and such were Engine-related items that needed Optimizing.

There's a Slight difference methough, cause adding Glitter ontop of a Bug just means the Bug is still there, and it would work relatively fine (Glittery bugs). Adding Glitter to a feature that is already pushed to its limit and not working right anymore (Imo) Just makes it worse.

Buggy Item + Potentially Minor Lag = Buggy Item with some Lag.
    Item pushed to its knees + Potentially Minor lag = Well this is 1 feature I can't use for a while else my game will implode.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty

Edit: I forgot to mention that a good number of bugs that are present in game have been "rejected" by the tester staff. I've been launching the game manually from fucking terminal for the past two months because I didn't have enough proof that the launcher wasn't working, so I gave up trying to work with them.
    A bug will be rejected for a couple reasons, either A: It is a duplicate of a bug already reported or I'd assume B: It cannot be moved forward into "Open" or "Feedback". "Open" is "we have enough information to begin testing and work on this", while "Feedback" is for bugs where we don't have enough information. There may be a reason or specific circumstances I am not aware of, of course.

In the case of your problem launching the game, the tracker says that you yourself rejected the bug. I saw your comment. If it is a problem, even for only one person, it may happen to others (even if the possibility is only potential), so isn't it worth at least a second look? A new bug may have to be opened, unless someone else has the ability to raise rejected bugs from the grave, if you do open a new report, you can link the rejected one for reference.

A bug should not be rejected without good reason, and you were right to bring it up. I'll see what I can do to make sure this bug is looked at, it sounds very frustrating.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    In the case of your problem launching the game, the tracker says that you yourself rejected the bug. I saw your comment. If it is a problem, even for only one person, it may happen to others (even if the possibility is only potential), so isn't it worth at least a second look? A new bug may have to be opened, unless someone else has the ability to raise rejected bugs from the grave, if you do open a new report, you can link the rejected one for reference.

A bug should not be rejected without good reason, and you were right to bring it up. I'll see what I can do to make sure this bug is looked at, it sounds very frustrating.
    I appreciate the help. I've been trying to launch the launcher itself via console but java does NOT appreciate that. That's where I suspect the bug is.

If you can help me with this via a conversation I'd be much obliged. Thank you.

Reactions: AnnaShade017
    Reaction score

Mate, the collision system has obvious issues since its conception, and has yet to be addressed.

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score

In which case I apologise to you both.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Yeah, since the "improvement" colliding ships teleport INSIDE each other instead of outside.
    It almost seems as though they attempted a Soft collosion System, in which they are pushed apart. Problem is they are still getting hooked on each other as they are pushed.

If nothing else, its good for picking a Random point to Build a base :p