When in a planet's gravity, I can't move upwards?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like exploring to new planets and finding new stuff, but i have to roll my spaceship to get around! XD

For some reason, I cannot use E or Q very effectively at all while in a planet's gravitational field.(Yes, I'm sure that E and Q are up and down.) My friend can go up and down perfectly on a planet, but i need to gain a lot of speed for even the slightest effect... I can use these 2 controls very well while in space.

Thank you!

-gamebuilder116

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    In short you need more thrust.

Your ships mass is too much to counteract with the level of thrust you have now, put more thrusters on and you should be able to fly properly on a planet.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Crap! That means I\'m stuck on a planet! FUUUUUUU!!!! Resetting universe....

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    When in a planet\'s gravity, I can\'t move upwards?

This is gold.

By the way that\'s the whole deal with gravity. Keeping you on the ground and such.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    when building, in the top-midle of your screen there is the thrus to mass ratio, if you plan on visiting planets try at least to keep a litble bit more thrust than mass

hope you take this in calculation for your builds

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    If you somehow lack any engines to add to your ship, you could just dig through the ground or fall off the side to escape.

Well, you certainly win some kind of pointless overkill award for killing the entire universe because that sneaky gravity snuck up and captured your ship.