When I start the game... NOTHING happens..

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Maybe im just retarded but when I go to solo and start a sandbox I fill in all the info, blah, blah, blah I click start and literally nothing happens...

The StarMade Server Manager window appears and says my ping is 0 and no actual gameplay screen appears.

Help? xD I really want to play this game

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Same issue for me, i tried to solve this issue for more than 1 week and i couldn\'t find any solution....

If you find how to play, feel free to share the solution here, it will help some ppl.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Other than advising gfx drivers and java is uptodate then more info is needed to help, first step I\'d reccomend you look for your latest log file and copy/paste the contents in pastebin and drop the link on here.

The latest log file should be log.txt.0 inside StarMade\\logs folder.

I had the same symptom, for me I am using win8 64bit and was seeing the following in my log file:

[02-Jul-2013 23:26:48] STDERR: [ERR] Exception in thread \"ClientThread\"
    [02-Jul-2013 23:26:48] STDERR: [ERR] java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.lwjgl.DefaultSysImplementation.getPointerSize()I

It wasnt finding the lwjgl64.dll file in the starmade native folder. I had to manually copy the file into my java folder to get the game to work. If you have the same error try what I wrote: http://star-made.org/content/solvedish-game-doesnt-start-lwjgl-error-log-file-windows

Otherwise paste your log to see if theres any clues for someone to try and help.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thank you very much spamenigma, this solution worked.

I did check the log but i didn\'t know which part exactly could be useful to solve the issue.

Everything was up to date and i though at some point that something could be missing in java.

Thank you again !

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi

No problem, happy to help, I know how much it drove me nuts for a short while trying things when I just wanted to take a look at the game (which I now already think is great!).

Don\'t forget this is a workaround rather than a final fix! For some reason the dll file isnt being located and/or used where it is, and although moving it to the java folder works, there may be a need to remove it in the future, either when this gets fixed, or if the version of lwjgl gets updated to a later version. I also don\'t know if it will affect any other java games so just a note to remember this is hopefully a temp fix, and lets hope its sorted in a future update soon.