What's new in dev build

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hey guys, I'm temporary unable to try out dev builds. Anyone knows what's comming?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Well, the most recent dev build as of right now, which is from around the beginning of the month, just has support for the crowdsourced translation system.

Schema is currently working on something but evidently it's some kind of suuuuuper seeeecret. Personally I would have to assume that it's crew systems, but if it was something that comes completely out of left field like a new weapon, I wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Aren't the slave properties just pulse but even more so?
    Sort of, it was intended to have the "charge" property. So that translates to CHARGE BEAAAAAMS.

All the charge combos would basically be ideal for making super weapons, that's why I want it so much :P

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Sort of, it was intended to have the "charge" property. So that translates to CHARGE BEAAAAAMS.

All the charge combos would basically be ideal for making super weapons, that's why I want it so much :p
    Yeh that'd be pretty damn awesome, I'm hoping for really long (or potentially limitles) maximum charge times.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8

All the charge combos would basically be ideal for making super weapons, that's why I want it so much :p
    ...Charge beams... so, just pulse beams with even more damage and that annoying jump drive mechanic? Only any good for Ion weapons, really.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    ...Charge beams... so, just pulse beams with even more damage and that annoying jump drive mechanic? Only any good for Ion weapons, really.
    The way I envisage them is that you hold down to charge and it fires the instant you release, the longer the charge the more damage, ideally the beam varient would have all its ticks within a very short pulse.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    The way I envisage them is that you hold down to charge and it fires the instant you release, the longer the charge the more damage, ideally the beam varient would have all its ticks within a very short pulse.
    this with a visual effect at the output would be amazing

Reactions: AtraUnam

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Well, I still think that there should be an upper cap to the amount of damage you can charge (based on the weapon's block count). So for example, for every second you charge it adds X seconds worth of the weapon's DPS, and you can charge it up to Y amount of seconds before it discharges (or you can fire earlier if you want). Otherwise you could in theory do millions of damage with a single weapon block, which would make no sense.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Well, I still think that there should be an upper cap to the amount of damage you can charge (based on the weapon's block count). Otherwise you could in theory do millions of damage with a single weapon block, which would make no sense.
    The way I imagine it is that you have a preset max based on the the block count that takes say 120 seconds of charging to reach (with appropriate pre-fire glow at the muzzle) the power draw would be constant during charging. once you exceed that preset max you can continue charging but the power draw increases by say 5% for every second of additional charge, if you reach a point where you can no longer match the power requirments the weapon fire as if you had let go of the trigger.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    New dev build is up. Download size is slightly smaller. Optimization and file clean up maybe?

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I would be interested in seeing weapon variants that use the scanner method. The weapon charges over time on it's own and uses a consistent power draw over time and when it is fired it uses no power. This would de-emphasize high power capacity requirements and may allow smaller ships to use high alpha damage weapons.

Reactions: PizzaPress

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    New dev build is up. Download size is slightly smaller. Optimization and file clean up maybe?
    New dev build includes (bugged) lighting system changes (Is supposed to fix weird shading on non-cube blocks, but also accidentally turned all wedges red) and a main menu.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    The new dev build looks extremely unstable right now. Trying to get onto an online server causes a crash, opening the catalog causes one, oh and sometimes just loading up the game causes one. XD Yep we're in for a long 2 weeks. XD lets see what else we can break. :P

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The first two or three builds tend to be like this; after that the big showstoppers disappear and we can start properly hunting for issues.

Reaction score
    The newest dev build seems to be a little unstable, though here in soviet-starmade we don't encounter many problems!