What would you guys like to see the next update be?

Reaction score
    Desertwolf, I've went though the recipes (and wasted 10000 credits) looking for them, the only ones that look like them are "compress hull (converts light hull) and expand hulls.
    There is also a recipe for pretty much everything in the buy menu - just go select the hull you want and press "buy recipe". However, by default this requires quite a lot of said block to buy...

More options for the AI modules would be nice, though the logic system might already do this.

Some way to name or otherwise mark planets that can be seen from a distance. This could be as simple as a little "beacon" block that shows up as a navigation target with a customizable name. While you could use a ship core for this, it feels like a bit of a cheaty solution and could draw unwanted attention.

Creatures on planets, though this will take time to do right, so it might take longer than whenever the next update comes out.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I hope the creatures/monsters/ETC are added in the next release. I also hope the medical kit blocks in the May 25 Dev build will get a use in the future.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I also hope the medical kit blocks in the May 25 Dev build will get a use in the future.
    Agreed... I'd at least like to see a placeholder effect that slowly restores a player's health by a bit when they hit 'R' while pointing to the block. Maybe the medical cabinets could act as an effect enhancer for the medical supply blocks or something. I don't know. :P

Reactions: ghettodexter
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yea medical blocks should be able to restore HP no other reason for having them... This could be done with custom block creation and the xml file though right?
    I just don't see a string for players HP or damage yet to get started, I just got into moding this game yesterday as I have my own personal project outside of SM I've been busy with.

Darth Cestual you can use the logic blocks when they come out in the new update... they have step on triggers and you can link logic to plex doors... awesome ness

Ithirahad you happy?
    didn't know editing worked the same as posting wtf now stop crying "spamming" :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    SHHWT SHHWT
    how about a setting on plex doors so they can open and close automatically like in star trek, just for internal doors I think, airlock and hangar doors would need to be activated.

Reaction score
    SHHWT SHHWT
    how about a setting on plex doors so they can open and close automatically like in star trek, just for internal doors I think, airlock and hangar doors would need to be activated.
    There's a LOGIC block that is called 'area of effect'. I'm sure with a bit of work you can get this.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ithirahad and THIS ^^^ is why I "spam" even though I answered the question.... we will still scroll from the question we asked to the end not the other way... wanna mod? then be a mod... otherwise... yea you got it right

Reaction score
    Ithirahad and THIS ^^^ is why I "spam" even though I answered the question.... we will still scroll from the question we asked to the end not the other way... wanna mod? then be a mod... otherwise... yea you got it right
    Did...did you go to another thread just to do that?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    lol I have two browsers open and didn't know I click wrong tread post box... checking on my dog either way still logical sense meant to link page :confused:

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Sorry to disappoint, but the next few updates are already planned :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Interesting. I'm happy to see some confidence in how fast the new stuff will get implemented, not that I'm impatient for them.

So, Crafting --> FTL --> AI. I wonder if the FTL stuff will just be wormholes and gates, or if a warp drive will be included with that too. I'm also very interested to see how the crafting stuff will turn out. I never messed with the recepies or cubatom system before simply out of no real need being mostly a builder.

Reaction score

Cool. I dislike that FTL is going to be implemented before AI, but I guess it's so that the AI can be pre programmed to cope with the new addition/prevent bugs. Who knows what could come after all that, shall we speculate?

I hope they fix the crafting system good, the current one is beyond shit. 'That will only take a week' Don't tempt fate there lad.

Reactions: aceface
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Wedges for every block please, especially lights, can't count the amount of times a design has gone to the trash can just because you can only get wedges for a very select few blocks.
    There are actually some servers that have that by "simply" adding them to their block config.xml. It should be in game though.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    There are actually some servers that have that by "simply" adding them to their block config.xml. It should be in game though.
    Block ID's are a finite resource. Wedges, Pentas, Tetras and Corners all take an additional ID.
    Adding wedged "everything" right now could hamper us further into development.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8

So... Jumpgates, no warp drives? (Sad Panda Mode initiated.)
    Ithirahad you happy?
    didn't know editing worked the same as posting wtf now stop crying "spamming" :rolleyes:
    Yes, that is better. Technically 'spamming' is the wrong word; it's actually 'double-posting.' But yeah. :p
    There's a LOGIC block that is called 'area of effect'. I'm sure with a bit of work you can get this.
    Yep. You pretty much just attach your door blocks to an activator block, and also attach an area trigger system with trigger blocks on either side of your door. The only thing the doors can't do is slide...