Votes: 7 31.8%
    • Other - explain below

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    When you say next Saturday, do you mean the 12th or 19th? And how long will the comp go far?
    The 12th! And I am thinking 5 weeks, thoughts on that?

Robotics. That is my favorite kind of competition, one that has robotic elements. The perfect fusion of logic and rails. I am also a bit interested in making pirate and trading guild fleets that are distinctive from each other. The new Wave Management option should really help with that.

Also, why don't you have station as an option?

EDIT: added a much-needed transition.
    Yes stations will deffinetly be a competition, a longer one for sure though so thats why I am not planning on holding one of those till later and we get the ball rolling.

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The 12th! And I am thinking 5 weeks, thoughts on that?

Yes stations will deffinetly be a competition, a longer one for sure though so thats why I am not planning on holding one of those till later and we get the ball rolling.
    Personally, I'd say that's way to long. Maybe a week or so would be better. I would prefer to do something similar to Ludum Dare and make it a 48-72 hour compo, where you have to try to make the best ships in the small time-space. This would really test people's skills, and they're still able to continue working on the thingy after they've already entered it. They'd get popularity, and become significantly better builders.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Personally, I'd say that's way to long. Maybe a week or so would be better. I would prefer to do something similar to Ludum Dare and make it a 48-72 hour compo, where you have to try to make the best ships in the small time-space. This would really test people's skills, and they're still able to continue working on the thingy after they've already entered it. They'd get popularity, and become significantly better builders.
    Since it is for a fleet and school is in session newer builders will need more time though i will deffinetly have speed challenges in the future

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Since it is for a fleet and school is in session newer builders will need more time though i will deffinetly have speed challenges in the future
    Alrighty then, I guess 5 weeks would be enough time to make it perfect :P

Maybe make 2 or 3 weeks, with a bunch of speed/limited time challenges in between?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Alrighty then, I guess 5 weeks would be enough time to make it perfect :p

Maybe make 2 or 3 weeks, with a bunch of speed/limited time challenges in between?
    Yea and during longer challenges I might throw in a few speed ones to keep it interesting too!

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yea and during longer challenges I might throw in a few speed ones to keep it interesting too!
    Well, whatever you do, I'd suggest figuring it out soon, as the first compo is tomorrow. :P