What type of StarMade gamer are you?

Where you you best fit on this spectrum?

• Hard-core Builder - I do complexity and wonderful build-outs

Votes: 15 23.8%
    • Casual Builder - I building my own ships

Votes: 29 46.0%
    • Roleplay - Less building, more playing on downloaded ships

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • FPS style player - I'm all out that PVP/Pirates

Votes: 3 4.8%
    • Other - Please describe

Votes: 16 25.4%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Every gamer is unique, but we all probably fall into one bucket or another. I think it would be interesting to see what the composition here is and how that affects game development.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Secret option e: all of the above, except for C, only reason i use a downloaded ship is for pirates! :D

Reaction score
    Survival mode player, building stuff to make my universe more enjoyable, from materials I helped collect. It's minecraft, but in space.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Building, PvP, PvE. I've done it all, and enjoyed every aspect of it. Haven't been playing much recently though, but I'm pretty sure that the enthusiasm will pick back up.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I really like building Effective RP ships. Taking a ship from a scifi franchise and making it "real" and actually playable is freaking awesome. I'd play more multiplayer and PVP if I could, but I live in India, and the latency is so high to servers in Europe and the US, that I've basically given up on Multiplayer until my job transfer's me back to the real world.

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'd like to do PvP 'n' shit, but I don't have any ships to do so, as well as no targets, so I tend to just build shit every now and then.

However, I'd like to see a logic category. :p

Reactions: jw608 and nightrune
    Reaction score
    I make ships that are shaped like a block. Really unique.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'd like to be a hardcore builder, especially on the logic part.

But I get frustrated when missing essential tools (hope for mod support). Tough I haven't played SM much a long time.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    I like to build cool looking things and would like to think that I'm good at logic.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I tend to make a mix of stuff.
    Some times I like figuring out the most messed up thing I can to take advantage of the current legit aspects of the game.
    The stick ship and drones would be a good example of that.

Other times I like to just make a decent ship that is effective for the game.

Can't really do survival or anything currently.

serge1944

Grand Admiral of The Infection Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    It depends,I am building ships while waiting for the npc update.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I like to do everything. I'm a bit lacking on the pvp right now as my server is a bit sparse for people.

I'd mainly fall between hardcore and casual builder. I'm still learning the details some of these folks create.

Reaction score
    B and C, I build ships with slight RP in mind, although sometimes between A and B for PvP type ships.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I do a lot of high-efficiency building with secondary RP options, and kind of enjoy the less polished industrial look I've developed. The whole point of my high-efficiency builds is PvP, I'd love to be doing more PvP but support for that is still rather weak. Plus most players just hide at base making low to mid-efficiency visual reproductions of ships they've seen on screen; even if you can get them to come out and fight, it's about as satisfying as kicking over an occupied stroller - assuming that the sheer horrible mass of the fan-hulk doesn't lag so hard as to make combat impossible.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm a relative newbie to the game , me and my son are just figuring out logic systems and having fun exploring , can't wait for the Improvements in npc's as they derp out every chance they get (we have 3-5 per station and planet) and have lost count of the ones lot in transport , still learning lots and these forums are full of great ideas and people , and the dev team is top notch.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Me? I'm a deadly Litter Bug. I'll leave not so fun surprises in systems I've left from coating the better part of the system in death for some unlucky player to come wandering along into. :)

That said I'm usually building something useful for my faction, mostly stations. :P

Reaction score
    i like playing starmade as a game, not just a sandbox (although at this point theres not a whole lot to do yet). i do however insist on building my own stuff. not much into ship battles as i dont like having to manually fix my ship. we have shipyards now but i havent yet got far enough in a specific server to build a sufficient one.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm a bit of all of those, actually. I'm trying to become a better builder, but I've also downloaded pretty much every ship that's been posted to the dock since I joined (maybe I can backup the Dock if it derps on us?). I also mess around with logic, and when I'm not doing any of those things, I load up my recreation of Arthur C. Clarke's Rama for a session of mostly mindless clicking. Also, I don't know if you can edit the poll, but if you can, you should add "Logic Engineer" or something. Otherwise, how will we satisfy the Bench worshipers*?

*I mean people who make crazy logic stuff, don't get offended

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Somewhere in between casual builder and hardcore. I'd say the best fit would be replica builder. I don't do roleplaying, but I build ships that are based off of other ships from other media. I do build original stuff though and try to incorporate logic-based stuff into it, but I have always kept that stuff personal.

Reaction score
    B, I guess. Sometimes do a bit of C and D, but I mainly only go pirate hunting for testing these days.