What to call "Tech Points"

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Didn't Schine rethink single vs. multiple reactors after player feedback?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    They rethought having them on docked entities and decided (until later on, at least) to completely disable any reactors on docked entities. Not the multiple reactor limit; they want to see if they can fix that but for now it's going to be one active reactor per ship.

Reaction score
    So the new Power 2.0 proposal is out, and it seems that most like it. The only thing that people are complaining about is the arbitrarily named Tech Points. From my understanding this is because nobody can really figure out what to call them. So I propose this thread for people to offer suggestions of what we can call it.

For reference:

It seems that :schema:is trying to describe some kind of alternate form of energy, and not some kind of Auxiliary Slot.

So here are some suggestions, that I came up with off the top of my head:
    Quantum Ether
    Trans-Mater Flux
    Polaric Residue
    Anti-Proton Flow
    Dimensional Accelerant

Come on guys... lets come up with some good ones!
    I don't like the idea of tech points I think that it will end up limiting what you build.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I don't like the idea of tech points I think that it will end up limiting what you build.
    I think that's kind of the point. Right now, you can pretty much build one ship and one station to do everything, which makes things rather boring; there's no real difference. TP will allow ships to be unique, and will require ship builders to make choices. And the truly vital functions of a ship won't be restricted. You can still build your usual salvager-carrier-battleship-freighter omni-ship. But it won't be exactly the same in function as every other one any more, which is a good thing.
    You can enhance the functionality your ship really needs to do well on using TP. That does mean you don't get to use TP for certain other things at the same time. But that's exactly why it's good. And it's not like you can never use that functionality. You can simply swap out active chambers for inactive ones, they just take some time to get going. I wouldn't really call that restrictive.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think that's kind of the point. Right now, you can pretty much build one ship and one station to do everything, which makes things rather boring; there's no real difference. TP will allow ships to be unique, and will require ship builders to make choices. And the truly vital functions of a ship won't be restricted. You can still build your usual salvager-carrier-battleship-freighter omni-ship. But it won't be exactly the same in function as every other one any more, which is a good thing.
    You can enhance the functionality your ship really needs to do well on using TP. That does mean you don't get to use TP for certain other things at the same time. But that's exactly why it's good. And it's not like you can never use that functionality. You can simply swap out active chambers for inactive ones, they just take some time to get going. I wouldn't really call that restrictive.
    "Time to go mining. Unplug the weapon auxiliary and hook up the salvage focusing array."
    "Aye aye. ... Sir, what if the scavengers attack?"
    "Just make sure the jump precharger stays powered up. We'd be gone before they get a shot off."