What the heck.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Put some more ram in my computer today. Went from 4 to 8. Tell me how in the world was my computer playing it fine with 4. And now with 8 it just lags like crap?​
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443573008,1443572744][/DOUBLEPOST]Also just eventually freezes not a minuet into it.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    32 or 64 bit java? I'm fairly certain the 32 bit java can't handle larger amounts of ram

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    32 or 64 bit java? I'm fairly certain the 32 bit java can't handle larger amounts of ram
    I actually don't know. I do know that my system is 64. It says that i am running low on memory when i start the game, before it freezes. There is no way.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Yeah check the java version. What's the OS, windows 7, 8, 10, ect?
    From there I can guide you to find out what java version you have. Or you can bypass, http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp and download the offline windows 64 and 32 bit offline, install them, problem solved.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Win 8 runs 32x and 64x if the system is said to be 64x. Java will download 32x unless you get the windows offline installer.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Which is why I never trust anyone to install my programs but me.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Win 8 runs 32x and 64x if the system is said to be 64x. Java will download 32x unless you get the windows offline installer.
    its windows 8 64. So from what you are saying it may have downloaded 32?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443579014,1443578979][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yeah check the java version. What's the OS, windows 7, 8, 10, ect?
    From there I can guide you to find out what java version you have. Or you can bypass, http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp and download the offline windows 64 and 32 bit offline, install them, problem solved.
    i'm running windows 8, 64bit

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    He's saying it DID download 32. It doesn't download 64, you have to do that from the link I posted.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    On top of needing to download 64bit Java, you also need to tell the game it can use more ram (allocating more ram).
    You do this from the first launcher window by clicking options > memory settings.
    For 8gb total system, it's safe to allocate around 6gb (6144 mb) in the 'maximal' box.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    He's saying it DID download 32. It doesn't download 64, you have to do that from the link I posted.
    ohhhh, ok ok. So if i download the 64 version from the link you posted, will it overwrite the 32? or will i have to uninstall the 32 then install 64?

also are we positive that this is the cause of new lag. the 32 not being able to handle 8gb of ram?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443580671,1443580625][/DOUBLEPOST]
    On top of needing to download 64bit Java, you also need to tell the game it can use more ram (allocating more ram).
    You do this from the first launcher window by clicking options > memory settings.
    For 8gb total system, it's safe to allocate around 6gb (6144 mb) in the 'maximal' box.
    will do, i'm about to go and get 64 installed right now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    They can both work concurrently. Some websites and applications (for some reason) only use 32 bit, I always have both running on my system. Just install 64, and install 32 as well, just to make sure it's updated fully.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    They can both work concurrently. Some websites and applications (for some reason) only use 32 bit, I always have both running on my system. Just install 64, and install 32 as well, just to make sure it's updated fully.
    awesome, thank you for the help!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Just let us know if that works, what crusade said is also true. Glad to be of help, if that works.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    OH! will the game auto choose which one it wants to use? or will i have to adjust in the settings?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    That.
    The game will automatically use 64 bit if available, which will boost performance. I have an 8 gig system, and my memory settings are around 500 Maximal Memory, 3000 Initial Memory, and 2500 Early Generation Memory. Works really smoothly for me.