What servers do you play on?

Reaction score
    Question is in the title.

I recently managed to get Starmade working in multiplayer after a year of being restricted to singleplayer... at least I hope I fixed it.

Anyway, what server/s do the factions tend to play on? Or what servers do people in general tend to play on? I know NASS was big back in the day. Are factions as big as they were a few months back? I'm out of the loop, so I'm hoping that someone can enlighten me.

I also was hoping that RP servers were still a thing, but I've been led to believe that they are no longer active.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Elwyn is where i was for a little while, it's a very nice server but my faction fell apart so I abandoned it to build in singleplayer

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Ragnarok Galaxy is semi-active. http://tethys.stablecomputersolutions.com/

Multiplayer as a whole has dropped significantly due to school starting back up for a lot of StarMadians. I dunno either way which server people play on. Elwyn likely.

*Edit: Ragnarok Galaxy is an RP server

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Im a Starmade Player since about a year now. ive played on many servers before, and were an Admin on another Server.

I would suggest you the feedupyourbeast.
    About the feedupyourbeast Server i must say, this one is the most stable Server i know.
    And that should mean some, because of Bugs and Server problems in the alphastate of SM. Another thing are Players hoo really dont know why they shouldnt land a big ship on a Planet or worse.

Facts:
    - every 6 hours automatically server restart
    - Admins allmost allwys there when there are problems
    - TS3 could be more visited, but youll find always tolerant and funny people there to speak with.
    - Dockingenhancer wont be needed for docking. A real shame.
    - this Server is the most difficult or challanging Server i know, because of blueprints are payed by blocks and with the new Factory System its really hard to get em. But for that case there are some players hoo are interested to trade or try to help a new player on the server.

Its a Challanging and well-made Server with kind admins and other players
    Thats the reason why i play there. I love challenges.
    It went calm on that server like on the most ones.
    But the Players hoo like challanges as i do will come back or well get new ones.

And the main reason why some players wont play SM as often as they did for about a year ago is Factory Update and all the Cheating stuff like endless recepies now you must go farming all your blocks.
    So most of the people play in singleplayer because they got all the blocks for free and only one /give - command away.

Take a look at the feedupyourbeast in the serverlist and maybe well meet there

Greez BiGEdge

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I personally play on MushroomFleet. Great community, and they respect you so long as you respect them.
    It's a great place to show off your ships in multiplayer and get feedback.

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    I also play on MushroomFleet, which I have stuck with because of the player creativity which continues to shine in that community. Everything from amazing ships and stations, to crazy mini-games which could pop up at literally any time.

I am however interested in doing some recording on other servers, just to show what communities are out there, so let's keep this list going! =) Do feel free to add in any unique or especially superb things within your community, whether it's a game, station, sector, etc. Just for my own reference. =)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I mainly play in Elwyn, they have a nice server without whitelist,
    so I can always invite my friend from MC to join without waiting for getting whitelisted.

Other than that, I am also playing in the Mushroom server for the fun mini games,
    although I can only join a few only due to timezone different.

Reaction score
    Well i play on the Kartagen Games Server.
    It's a German Role Play server. So some basic skills in understanding and speaking german is mandatory there. (in order for the role play to be possible as some people there do not speak english)
    And as it is a german server there are rules and regulations :)

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    @Comr4de Rebel Alliance? Isn't it called Redshift now? I'm sure the owner wanted to distance themselves from a similarly named group.

For the best servers ranked by uptime and votes with summaries try starmade-servers.com

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    @Comr4de Rebel Alliance? Isn't it called Redshift now? I'm sure the owner wanted to distance themselves from a similarly named group.

For the best servers ranked by uptime and votes with summaries try starmade-servers.com
    A friendly reminder to everyone.

That site is based on who can motivate their members more to vote for their server. Not much else. There really isn't a best server, just those that you prefer.

Reaction score
    I regressed from MP to SP. All my friends stopped playing this game and I can't be bothered with the crafting system and the time it takes.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I regressed from MP to SP. All my friends stopped playing this game and I can't be bothered with the crafting system and the time it takes.
    The crafting system can be circumvented... Salvage stations, sell crap, buy blueprint of a huge block of whatever you need (or just buy your ship). It's cheaty, sure, but when all "legal" methods are broken, or, to use nicer (but IMO less accurate) words, vastly underpowered, who really cares?

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold

A friendly reminder to everyone.

That site is based on who can motivate their members more to vote for their server. Not much else. There really isn't a best server, just those that you prefer.
    The joke is that it's shit, I didn't think I'd have to clarify that what with all the time I've called ObiShawn a dumbass.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The joke is that it's shit, I didn't think I'd have to clarify that what with all the time I've called ObiShawn a dumbass.
    Sometimes it helps to be obvious to the new dudes. :)

Reaction score
    The crafting system can be circumvented... Salvage stations, sell crap, buy blueprint of a huge block of whatever you need (or just buy your ship). It's cheaty, sure, but when all "legal" methods are broken, or, to use nicer (but IMO less accurate) words, vastly underpowered, who really cares?
    That is indeed true but me going from MP to SP has kinda a history. The server I played on stopped, so I migrated to the MF server. The idea of sector exports, blueprints and maybe meet some great builders seemed very tempting at that time sinds I pretty much didn't had anyone to play with anymore or a server. I kinda joined it at a bad time: constant updates and resets all the time, sector exports were bugged, not that many players on the server (most have been a low moment), ... Then the new economy update came, the overdrive module got 'fixed' and getting money, even with faction modules became a drag (also exports were still not fixed). After a while I just stopped caring and moved to SP and haven't joined a MP server anymore sinds then.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Ah, so I see...

Regardless, I usually play on the test server nowadays (That's the only place where I have a starbase :\) but I intend to start playing on Infinite Havoc and other places once I can load in my home base.