What is wrong with my launcher?

calani

Dreaming of Sushi ~
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hey, that is pretty strange. If you would, run the launcher again with --verbose and send me the launcher.log file in a DM, along with a dxdiag (or similar). I'll see if I can figure this out!

In the meantime, try reinstalling the launcher?

If you're not sure how to do any of the above: (This assumes you're using Windows)

To specify the --verbose launcher option:
    • If you're using Steam, rightclick on StarMade in your games list, click Properties, then click [Set Launch Options...] and enter --verbose in the textbox. After starting the StarMade launcher again and reproducing the behavior, close it and look for the launcher.log file in your StarMade folder (likely here: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamApps\common\StarMade), and attach it to the DM.
    • If you're running a standalone (non-Steam) copy of the game, open the command prompt (Start->Run and type cmd), cd to the directory (e.g. cd "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\StarMade"), and run: starmade-launcher.exe --verbose

To generate the dxdiag report:
    • Click Start->Run and type dxdiag (then click [Run 64-bit DxDiag] if it's present). Wait for it to finish, then click [Save All Information...]. Include the file it generates in the DM. This report contains a lot of technical information about your system (e.x. system specs, software versions, etc.) that should help me figure out exactly what's causing this rather strange issue.

To reinstall the launcher:
    • If you're running Steam, rightclick on StarMade in your games list, click Properties, click the Local Files tab, then click [Verify Integrity of Game Files...] and wait for it to finish. This somewhat lengthy process will re-download any damaged/corrupted/missing launcher files, and might fix the issue. Run StarMade again (preferably with --verbose; see above!) to see if it's still happening.
    • If you're running a standalone (non-Steam) copy of the game, re-download the launcher from here (http://www.star-made.org/download). Extract it to a different location than your current launcher, and run it (again, preferably with --verbose; see above!). This may also fix the issue.