What is there to do?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    That would take ages, and like I said, you need two specific resources, varat and bastyn if I'm not mistaken. This problem can be overcome by never attempting to land on a planet that doesn't have those resources, but if you really crash...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think there should be a planet with all the different types of resources but it has a pirate station on it or there is hostile enemies on it

Reaction score
    It seems like you just go to the nearest space station. take all the glass. go sell it at the nearest shop. profit.

I can now build a huge ship, but to what ends? I feel like this game is not ready for me to play it yet.

p.s. I hate the planets.
    I understand what you're saying. It does seem pointless to do that. And how many "cool" ships can you design before you burn out? I knew of players who had moved on 10 months ago because they became bored with the same old "mine, build huge ship, fight, repair" cycle. The answer is not in the number of features in the game or some imagined way to win. Those are empty promises to chase. There is more and I hope to show hungry players what they are missing. Be patient.

Yes. I don't like the current planets either.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Building a docking block above the ground can make a great place to dock your first core.

Planets have 12 faces. Each planet face has two randomly chosen ore types to generate. It's a rare occasion that a planet doesn't have all of the different ores on it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You could always join a faction and take part in faction warfare.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I understand what you're saying. It does seem pointless to do that. And how many "cool" ships can you design before you burn out? I knew of players who had moved on 10 months ago because they became bored with the same old "mine, build huge ship, fight, repair" cycle. The answer is not in the number of features in the game or some imagined way to win. Those are empty promises to chase. There is more and I hope to show hungry players what they are missing. Be patient.

Yes. I don't like the current planets either.
    I have to agree with that.
    I got bored and there was some guy that said i could blow up his ship and then he asked for 35mil.
    When someone told him he should dock his stuff he responded with "bad words" which i already forgot
    And he isn't nice, at all.

So i just went to his base and blew up everything he had and gave a higher ranking member(i think) more than enough money to rebuy his ship that i also blew up so it's turrets stopped shooting me , and he told me that was a reason to kick that guy out.

Hurray a slightly fun day of mine

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Building a docking block above the ground can make a great place to dock your first core.

Planets have 12 faces. Each planet face has two randomly chosen ore types to generate. It's a rare occasion that a planet doesn't have all of the different ores on it.
    It isn't that rare to have a planet that doesn't have all types of ore/crystal. Certain planet types stick to the same couple of ores/crystals, and I even found a planet segment that had two the same crystals once.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I know. Just one quick question: can you use notepad? The default xml editor on my computer is rubbish (it lets my edit, but than it smacks me in the face by not saving anything, I'll need to figure that out).
    Yes. Everything in that config folder can be opened and edited with Notepad or (Textedit on mac).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have actually changed something! Glass is now more of a decorative block with only 12 crystal and a metal mesh, coloured hull now no longer uses more ore than grey hull (all use 60 rock capsules and a metal mesh) and thrusters only use one power reactor module. Now I'm just going to wait for the new stations and then I'll go crash myself on a planet and survive!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    problem we still haven't voted for the stations and I think the universe generation update is going to be coming with the station update

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes. Universe generation update. Now. Please. I.. Can't..... Wait......... Any.......... Longer....................

FunnyBunny14 died of anticipation. Respawn? ... ... ...

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Personally, I've died of... Soon(TM). Lua? Soon(TM). Finished NPCs? Soon(TM). Mines? Soon(TM). Integrated particle system? Supposedly soon, but I have my doubts. Universe updates? Maybe in a month. (But that's what we said about the weapons update, and you know how that turned out. Took about 4 months, and that's not counting non-coding time. And arguably it still isn't done - No mine layers.)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I guess they thought minelayers weren't needed because they would be easy to dodge. But their slave effects are awesome, so they could be in the game just for that, and mines would be really good at stopping huge ships with not a lot of thrust.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    No they stopped making them because it ended up more complicated than they thought

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    No they stopped making them because it ended up more complicated than they thought
    They put them on hold until they can figure out a balanced way to implement them. I'm pretty sure that @schema nor @Calbiri nor any other Schine member announced that mine layers were cancelled.