What is the worst thing Schine could add to the game?

TrickyNicky27

Blarg3437
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Just a fun Idea I thought of, here is the question:

What is the worst feature that Schine could add to the game? It could be silly, or serious.
    For example:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think that the worst thing that Schine could add to Starmade is: a new shield system that requires a shield block to be placed next to each block you want to have shielding.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Thx for Starmade, Schine

Last edited:

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Space-Zombies. o_O

"Annnnnnnhg space-brains....gurgle"

Reaction score
    A nuke warhead with a 256m radius and 2.1 billion damage. Every server would turn into a nuclear war overnight.

JonasWalker

Old Newb
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    A large potion of the Suggestion forum, doubly so if done exactly how each suggestion is written up including mechanics.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    The only winning move comradecolonel is not to play.

A pretty bad one would be... Decide space is too "mainstream" and go with the ocean instead. And make sure that its limited by land mass.

Edit: Although I suppose an "Oceanmade" game if done right where you build your own attack subs could work... And you don't need space whales as you have ocean whales!

TrickyNicky27

Blarg3437
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    The only winning move comradecolonel is not to play.

A pretty bad one would be... Decide space is too "mainstream" and go with the ocean instead. And make sure that its limited by land mass.

Edit: Although I suppose an "Oceanmade" game if done right where you build your own attack subs could work... And you don't need space whales as you have ocean whales!
    I always thought it would be cool if the developers of space engineers made a ocean game like "Naval Engineers" With mechanics that allow your creation to take on water and stuff.

JonasWalker

Old Newb
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Home - From The Depths check this out if you want something like that :p.
    I've tried getting into that game multiple times but I cannot get past the (to me) quite horrid UI. Which is sad as it seems to have potential. Though if SM ever gets semi-liquid water provided it respected block boundaries we could easily make our own submersed stuff then. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Imagine a ship that could land in water and take of water and get into space xD. Would be funny to look at.

Edit: Adding something like a death star equivalent weapon would also be game breaking.

TrickyNicky27

Blarg3437
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Imagine a ship that could land in water and take of water and get into space xD. Would be funny to look at.

Edit: Adding something like a death star equivalent weapon would also be game breaking.
    They had that death star core thing in the older versions. You had to use commands to get it I think, I wonder what schema had in mind for that

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    I donno... One thing they had confirmed at one point that many people wanted was a larger "Charged Beam". Would work kinda like the Ion cannons or death star laser. IF I remember it was supposed to be like Beam+Mine layer or something. But I think its sense been scrapped.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    High-pitched anime girl NPCs that flash peace signs, scream, and squeak in garbled Japanese. Worst ever way to make a universe feel "alive".

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    And a bunch of goku's lurking around as new the new meta of pirates :P

Reaction score
    forcing player to choose hard core, or peaceful sectors, where there was no escape.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Any of the balance suggestions or suggestions in general that are made by people who are new and have yet to understand how all the mechanics work, or returning veterans who decide to repost some suggestion they made in 2013 because they think it's still relevant.

They had that death star core thing in the older versions. You had to use commands to get it I think, I wonder what schema had in mind for that
    There used to be a gamemode where two teams would try and destroy the other's death star core to win. There's a video of it somewhere (unless schema took it down), but I can't find it.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Missions with time-limits. Worst idea ever used by lazy developers to simulate meaning or excitement. My real life has deadlines and time limits and demanding clients/bosses. Why the h*ll would I want this stress to spill over into my recreation-time...when I am trying to relax and have fun!? :mad:

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    For me, it'd be removing singleplayer mode.

Strictly speaking that's not an addition, but I can't think of a proper one now.