what is the range/effect ratio to Block for scanners?

Reaction score
    As the title suggests I am trying to find out how many blocks/mass of cloaked or jammed ship will a single block of atena reveal.

Thus how big of an array would be needed to locate hidden ships that are around 4Km from the scanning ship.

Reaction score
    As the title suggests I am trying to find out how many blocks/mass of cloaked or jammed ship will a single block of atena reveal.

Thus how big of an array would be needed to locate hidden ships that are around 4Km from the scanning ship.
    Doesn't matter. Ratio of antenna blocks determines recharge time, and range solely depends on whether the system you're in is neutral, allied, or hostile.

Reaction score
    So then, one comp and one Atna block would work as well one comp and 100 blocks.

Will need to test this out.

Given this new information, What is the resistance difference between:
    • Neutral system
    • hostile system
    • Owned system
    • Friendly system
    That would help what I am working on :)

Reaction score
    So then, one comp and one Atna block would work as well one comp and 100 blocks.

Will need to test this out.

Given this new information, What is the resistance difference between:
    • Neutral system
    • hostile system
    • Owned system
    • Friendly system
    That would help what I am working on :)
    There is no "resistance". From memory, range is 2 sectors for hostile, 4 sectors for neutral, 8 for allied systems, and system range for systems owned by your faction. Default sector size is 2 km. Antenna block count matters insofar as more blocks=faster recharge, otherwise yes, one scanner computer and one antenna block are just as effective in detecting ships as one scanner and a hundred antenna blocks.

Reaction score
    ...one scanner computer and one antenna block are just as effective in detecting ships as one scanner and a hundred antenna blocks.
    I'm confused about the "scanner not strong enough to reveal a cloaked/jammed ship" message, but states there is something out there

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    That's a glitch, one that's been around for a while. The "cloaked/jammed ship" in that message is most likely yourself, regardless of cloak or jam status.

Any actually cloaked ship in the same sector as yourself when you fire the scanner, even your own, is detected 100% and uncloaked immediately.

Reaction score
    That's a glitch, one that's been around for a while. The "cloaked/jammed ship" in that message is most likely yourself, regardless of cloak or jam status.

Any actually cloaked ship in the same sector as yourself when you fire the scanner, even your own, is detected 100% and uncloaked immediately.
    Aw, and here I thought there was some sneaky pirate out there...