What is the Formula for power to weapons thrusters and shields?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have really been wondering what is the formula to it like? how much AMC=to one SD HCT xm3.4 Power? or how much thrusters = one SD HCT xm3.4 Power, and shields. I was just wandering so i dont go overload on the power and waste space for shielding weapons and thrusters i could have put.

Reaction score
    Being that the consumption rate of guns, shield and thrusters is not linear, it would be one stupidly complex mathmatical equation...

Note, that with capitals, just get 1 million regen and lots of tanks, that works.

Reaction score
    Hi,

The formula for power generation is known (see this topic: http://star-made.org/content/power-generation-cracking-code ).

Shield power consumption is also known - they take 0 e/sec to maintain, and shield regen costs 1 power per shield point. I don\'t think the formula for max. shield regen is known (but typically the power shield regen consumes is so little that you can ignore it).

The formula for thruster power consumption isn\'t known.

The formula/s for AMC power consumption isn\'t known anymore (not after the reload time and \"shotgun\" changes).

Power drain beam and power supply beam power consumption formulas aren\'t known. All other beams don\'t consume any power at all (which is silly for huge slavaging ships and will probably/hopefully be fixed one day). I don\'t know about pulsators (I suspect they don\'t consume power either).

Note that to get acceptable acceleration you need a thrust/mass ratio that isn\'t too bad (e.g. I never build anything with less than twice as much thrust as mass). For large capital ships this means a lot of thrust. For example, for a 5 million block ship (500 K mass) you\'re probably going to want 1 million thrust. This amount of thrust might consume about 25 million e/sec. Don\'t forget that in battle you want to be moving constantly (getting out of the enemy\'s line of fire when keeping the enemy in your line of fire) and that your weapons might consume a little power too.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I tried the 1 mil regen thing and power tanks i find you have to put ALOT of power tanks to make a difference