What is the difference between the free and paid version?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm not sure if this is in the right place, and I'm sorry if it isn't. I am planning to probably pay for the game anyway, but I was wondering the differences between the two were.

Reaction score
    paying 3$ now will get you the full game once its out of alpha/beta with no extra costs, it is an optional pre-purchase during the alpha.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yep me too and if you don\'t mind me asking how much will the game cost when it\'s out of alpha ??

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Buying the game now will give you StarMade at all levels, forever, schema also confirmed he will make sure you only have to pay once, even if it\'s on Steam, Greenlight, etc.

Buyers can use their Registration Code and have the Genesis Cart/blue icon under their avatar in their accounts, to be visible you liked the game and bought it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What does proof that I got the full game ? Where can I see that I did pay and stuff ?

Reaction score
    On the left of the website. It has says: UpgradedAccount and you will see a badge below it.

Reaction score
    Minecrat was cheap, in beta, but then, with the official release, the price went up. I don\'t know if you will ever have to pay to play at all, but $3 is as cheap as it is ever going to get, so buy up now. And, I want to support the game, \'cause it\'s the only game that\'s better than minecraft.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This doesn\'t make any sense though because I recall seeing a an forum post somewhere saying that he planned for it to be a free game.

Will the game be free on release?

Currently, there is no solid plan, but it\'s likely that the game will have a free version to play.

That was posted on here: http://star-made.org/content/yogs-people-over-here-and-other-new-players-aka-frequently-asked-questions

So doesn\'t that mean that buying is really to make your own skins and help the development of the game?

Reaction score
    I myself mainly did the 3 dollar purchase deal to support the development, and just in case they do anything sneaky involving featues for those who pay in the future (who knows what they might think of)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m definately going to buy this game, but I wish the devs were charging more for it! $3 is insanely low, even if it\'s an alpha. I purchased Minecraft during alpha for about $13 and got hundreds if not thousands of hours out of it.

Maybe I should just buy multiple copies so I can give them out to friends/family or something. I just think $3 is incredibly generous for the amount of enjoyment the game already provides. I think it should be at least $10 while the game is in alpha.

Reaction score
    The game will have a free-to-play version, as an older version of the game being available free forever, like Minecraft has it\'s Indev version available free as a sort of demo.

Reaction score
    I paid $3 before I even know what I will get, what a dumb ass

However I love this game so it\'s not a problem this time I guess

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Purchasing a full account tonight for my team as well as donating $100-$200 to help with development.

Such a great game:)