What is the best way to take over an AI station?

Reaction score
    I know you can just blow a hole in the station, destroy its faction block, and replace it with your own, but I want to do minimal damage to the station. If there is a command to force the station's faction to change to yours, I would much rather use that, but if there is not, what's the best way to destroy the faction block?

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    use a cannon+cannon+punchthrough or cannon+cannon+piercing with minimal outputs

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    target the station and issue the command /faction_set_entity xxxxx , and its changed to your faction
    xxxxx is your factions ID

Reaction score
    My method is always to do recon of another station just like it that is not in an important spot to find the exact location of the faction block. Then as another poster already said... cannon, cannon, piercing with a single output and a ship that has enough shields to completely disregard everything else and focus on good clean shots. A ship with a long slender barrel with a camera on the end is helpful on some stations where the best shot is tough to get to with a big ship.