What is on the devbuild?

serge1944

Grand Admiral of The Infection Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Hello,

Sorry if I'm asking,but my laptop is broken and I'm using my mother laptop that will burn up if I play Starmade on it.
    So yeah can someone tell e what is on the devbuild I'm kinda of hyped for the npc build and I'm hoping I can get a new pc before the update.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I don't see any new blocks.

It appears that you cannot load blueprints from local or save them to local.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    If they are going to replace BPs they are going to need to replace them with something we can still upload and download to and from servers as well as the content section. >.>

They likely disabled it for other reasons.

Reaction score
    If they are going to replace BPs they are going to need to replace them with something we can still upload and download to and from servers as well as the content section. >.>

They likely disabled it for other reasons.
    What about designs? Would've that work?

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Exploration additions and display module additions.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Exploration additions and display module additions.
    What additions in particular? I am guessing the display module can show more information as seen in the suggestion thread. But what of exploration? More information in the hud? More navigation menu info? More big map info?

Reaction score
    The galaxy map doesn't display a good deal of what's in a system until you visit so many sectors. I believe there's some Scanner functionality added as well.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    The galaxy map doesn't display a good deal of what's in a system until you visit so many sectors. I believe there's some Scanner functionality added as well.
    Sweet, I'll have to do some scanning tonight. :)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Added tons of new display block variables: [name], [sector], [system], [mass], block count, structure/armor HP, and more - not functional as of yesterday(Oct 10 '16)'s dev build
    • Added regex features for the logic/display block interaction; see the help window in the display block edit dialog for details
    • Added exploration system. 15 sectors in a system have to be visited before all stations/belts/objects in a system are visible. Scanner interaction is apparently planned/implemented but not currently functional. Client-database interaction is also bugged.

Last edited:

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    • Added tons of new display block variables: [sector], [system], [mass], [structureHP], and more - not functional as of yesterday(Oct 10 '16)'s dev build
    • Added regex features for the logic/display block interaction; see the help window in the display block edit dialog for details
    • Added exploration system. 15 sectors in a system have to be visited before all stations/belts/objects in a system are visible. Scanner interaction is apparently planned/implemented but not currently functional. Client-database interaction is also bugged.
    Awwwwwwwwwww yeah. O.O

Thanks for that, Ith!

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Added tons of new display block variables: [name], [sector], [system], [mass], block count, structure/armor HP, and more - not functional as of yesterday(Oct 10 '16)'s dev build
    Now the fun question, is it 15 sectors from 1 player to make it visible to only them, or is it 15 sectors from any number of players to make it visible to all players, or does 1 player visiting 15 sectors let everyone see?

Reaction score
    Jeez how long till they add function to faction/ faction points