What is considered decent at 900-1000 mass?

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    So, what stats would be consitered decent when making a small ship?

Currently mine is at 700 mass and is about 32 long by 84 long, and I am touching up energy, shields, and other systems.

What stats should I aim for? Someone said that I should shoot for 1/2 mill shield capacity.

I have 84600 energy regen, will that be enough? This isn't supposed to be a PvP ship, but an exploration vessel, and I want to be able to defend myself from EE's aggressive pirates (they keep sending 1-3 pirate ships after me about once a day).

What are some ballpark numbers that I should aim for with a 900-1000 mass ship?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    A ship that small will not be able to have that much shield capacity at all. Go for around 100,000 shields and I would suggest adjusting the power levels according to the weapons you put on it but I feel like what you have should be a pretty good number as long as you add some power capacitors.

Reactions: Mered4

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    I have 41.7k shields, with a 2.6k regen.
    I have 543k energy storage with 128k energy regen
    I have a 17.3% armor bonus to shields, and a 4.7% armor bonus to blocks.
    (both effects are 150 modules)
    How did I do? I have a good scanner, 300 blocks to the warpdrive, and 1.2-1.3 turning power.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Pretty good since you have the shield and armor bonuses! Good job for sure!

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I usually shoot for 30-50% of my mass dedicated to shields. Your rate of rechargers:capacitors is completely up to you. As for the passive armor bonus, I would drop it unless you're using multiple (3+) layers of hull. You'll get more out of an extra shield bonus if you aren't dedicating yourself to heavy armoring.

Reaction score
    Depends. PvP? 1000 mass is probably not viable...(you probably need a 100+ drone carrier with multiple jump computers for serious PvPing).
    PvE? Make sure it can take some pulse-missile hits from Isanths and stations, equip with missile-beam turrets, a Heatseeker(careful with it) and a cannon/cannon/punch-through; you should be good.
    Edit: I'm not familiar with EE's pirates or accuracy settings(whether or not point defence will work).

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Edit: I'm not familiar with EE's pirates or accuracy settings(whether or not point defence will work).
    Missile/Beam is almost certainly too fast for PD to shoot down on EE.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Its just a starter ship really. A Gallente Velator that I hollowed out and refit, didnt touch the rooms, but hollowed out everything else and spent 6 hours filling it back up with systems and bulkheads. Liked the stock interior with the drone bay, the cargo hold, and the bridge/bedroom area.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Its just a starter ship really. A Gallente Velator that I hollowed out and refit, didnt touch the rooms, but hollowed out everything else and spent 6 hours filling it back up with systems and bulkheads. Liked the stock interior with the drone bay, the cargo hold, and the bridge/bedroom area.
    Oh, one of Vanhelzing's ships?

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive

I am going to rework those anti-missile turrets, not satisfied with them. Took a while to sort out the internal spaces, but all is good right now and I consider it a successful starting ship. I added in a damage beam block (the blue crystal near the middle) to give it an attack, nothing too strong, and it has a scanner system, a radar jammer (can only activate it for short periods of time) and 2 passive effects which can be swapped out. Have yet to add 2 more turrets with the purpose of "attack marked target".
    [DOUBLEPOST=1425272692,1425272653][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Oh, one of Vanhelzing's ships?
    yup!

Reactions: Groovrider