What I would like to see in newer versions

Reaction score
    Hello, here I am going to talk about what I would like to see in newer versions of the game.

The first thing I suggest to be implemented would be some kind of "Overcharge" computer.

The Overcharge computer would be a somewhat expensive computer type block, that can be set on the weapons bar (Like the weapons computer, or cloaker, for example) while piloting a ship. The actual effect the computer has is simple; crank up the power of the connected system UP TO 11!, but then disable it for a time. For example;

Adding and activating an OC computer to let's say, an engine system could be used as "After-burners" to highly accelerate a ship for a short amount of time, then slow down accel for a while. (to evade pirates?)

Adding some to missiles could highly increase speed, damage, and splash range. (So bombers can nuke stuff)

adding it to pulsars could turn it into an effective anti-squadron fly-swatter system for cruisers. (So they could save some money on turrets)

And finally, adding it to a ship core would heavily, HEAVILY, increase EVERYTHING, power generation, thrust, all weapons, shields, cloaking, jamming, et cetera, BUT, afterwards, the ship is effectively a brick for a pretty frickin' long time

Another suggestion of mine would be alternative shield systems.

What I mean by that is like, adding Area shields, shields that could theoretically be used on a large ship to defend smaller ships close-by from long range attacks. another shield system could be uni-direction shields, you could use these on assault ships, and tune the shields to the front, raising shield power on the front by a large amount, but de-creasing shield power everywhere else.

Another of my suggestions would be to add "LVL2" blocks, blocks that are like hardened hull blocks (Better over-all) but for everything else!

An example would be like, double nozzle thrusters, or super-dense AM cannons, or high explosive mega missiles.

The basic premise would be that they're much more space efficient then their little brothers, but are more expensive. Another downside would be that they aren't as cost efficient, too. (3 times as expensive, only 1.75 times as effective)

Anyway, those are my current ideas.

(Note: Don't necessarily have to be those specific values, just my suggested ones)

Add your responses to ze thread!

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Would like shield hardeners:

• Leave your ship similar vulnerable to one sort of weapon (the weak spot), but more resistent to all others
    • One of many possible calculation details: resistance = 100%- (100% -(shieldHardeners as %of total))^(number of weak spots)^x
    • Especially usefull for agile bombers, artillery (long range weaponry) resistant turrets or carriers, specialized craft.

And finally, adding it to a ship core would heavily, HEAVILY, increase EVERYTHING, power generation, thrust, all weapons, shields, cloaking, jamming, et cetera, BUT, afterwards, the ship is effectively a brick for a pretty frickin\' long time

WARNING: EXPLOIT FOUND!!!

I would dock a shield-ship as a front-plate and put weapons on it which use the dock\'s power source. (Or use it on fighters which die anyways)

Now I can use all my power, drill to the enemy core instantly and fight with my normal power and shields afterwards.

You forget that who cripples the enemy first has a huge advantage afterwards. Don\'t want it.